• Thank you received: 1
6 years 5 months ago #282471

-- url of the page with the problem -- : n/a
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi guys,

Please see the following Rocket Theme Forum Link

You probably can't view it without an account but the problem was that I couldn't assign templates correctly to menu items. The guys at Rockettheme had seen the issue before and it's apparently related to the geolocation plugin - here is what they said:

Ok So I changed all the assignments as they should be and saw the issue. I have seen this before though and the culprit is the "hikashop geolocation" plugin. Once I've disabled that it then all works as it should. You should report this to Hikashop because that plugin has been badly written.

Regards, Mark.

I hope this is something that can be fixed in future updates.

Regards,
Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 5 months ago #282474

Hi,

The plugin is not badly written.
The issue is that Joomla changed something with the way it is initialized which breaks the page when the plugin "after initialize" setting is activated.
We've added a fix on our end to avoid that but you can just turn off that option and it should work.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DFX

6 years 4 months ago #283117

Hi,

Thanks, I have updated Hikashop and that issue seems to be fixed but now the checkout page isn't working. I don't know if these issues are related or not. But because they might be, I thought I should follow up here.

The issue is now that if I have JotCache enabled, the checkout page doesn't work and shows the error: "0 Call to a member function debug() on null"

Turning JotCache off fixes the problem but I have been using JotCache with Hikashop for years without any issues previously. I updated JotCache but it didn't help either.

Any ideas?

6 years 4 months ago #283121

Hi,

Please look in your server's PHP error log for that error message. It should also contain the file and line number where that error is happening.
That will help us/jotCache understand what's happening.

6 years 4 months ago #283370

I guess I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to get that error in a log file. PHP error logging is enabled but nothing is showing up.

I also tried turning on error reporting in joomla to maximum and still nothing.

I have attached a screenshot of the checkout page error.

Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #283382

Hi,

Maybe you're not looking in the correct log. Make sure that you're looking at the PHP error log, not the apache access log or other log of your server.
And you might want to ask help to your hosting company in order to get the PHP error log.

6 years 4 months ago #284441

The checkout page issue seems to have been fixed in the latest JotCache updated. Thanks for your input!

Update: This wasn't fixed after all. Also affecting another component. So I'm going to go and talk to JotCache guys and see what they say. Thanks for your input all the same.

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by DFX. Reason: New information.

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 3 days ago #291564

Just so you all know this is also an issue with the t3 framework from joomlart. I am on HikaShop 3.4.0 and joomla 3.8.7 the geolocation plugin interferes with the local folder for the joomlart templates.

I am not sure if you are familiar with their t3 framework, but all their templates have a local folder inside the template that is used for overriding their existing overrides inside of their template. Well the geolocation plugin in hikashop breaks it to where the local folder is not recognized. This is a huge problem! This was fixed at one point and now it is broken again

I also had the exact same issue as the guy above listed with my menu assignment not working when this plugin was enabled. This seems to be fine now, but the local folder is broken.

Please fix this and work with joomlart to resolve this issue! Joomlart is a huge template developer the most popular in the community I would argue to have hikashop incompatible with this framework is not good.

6 years 3 days ago #291570

Hi,

This issue has already been resolved. We've had to add a setting "After initialisation" in the HikaShop Affiliate plugin for that. So edit the plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and toggle that setting and it should then work fine.

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 3 days ago #291605

Thanks Nicolas. I saw that option, however in your documentation there is nothing stating that, that is what that setting is for. In fact your documentation is missing a lot across the whole cart. I think you have a great cart however, and you are good to respond to people with that being said the documentation is extremely lacking and very outdated. Things that should take 5 minutes end up taking me 1 hr to do because the lack of current documentation. I have to search the forums for hours until I happen to stumble upon the answer to what I am looking for.

The payment gateways section of the documentation is especially terrible I wasted days trying to figure out different payment methods because your documentation and in my case authorize.net you said needed to be rewritten and I spent hours trying to figure out why the extension wasn't fully working correctly and in the forum post you told a customer that the plugin needed to be rewritten because most of the methods inside of the payment gateway are depreciated currently. However, nowhere in your documentation does it state this and something like this needs to be clearly stated in the documentation. I have selected a cart before based off the authorize.net payment gateway. So, to discontinue it without letting someone know is not a good idea especially if they are currently using authorize.net. I know it is a lot to handle, but my suggestion is you have someone dedicated to the payment gateway documentation and the documentation in general and don't release new versions of carts until you update the documentation accordingly with each update because the payment gateways are one of the most important parts of the carts and without having the correct documentation or discontinuing gateways without letting people know there will be a lot of people not happy about this.

As, I said before you guys are great at responding to questions, but I live in a different time zone and to have to wait 24hrs for a response everytime I have a question when it should just be in the documentation is very frustrating.

www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-invoice-number.html
developer.authorize.net/api/upgrade_guide/

Last edit: 6 years 3 days ago by jschroeder. Reason: left a word out

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 days ago #291609

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and advice we'll do our best to improve our documentation !

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds