Possible to set a fixed number of variants to be published ?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 5 months ago #300261

Hello,
i'm planning to build an ecommerce for clothes.
Each model/product will be released in different variants and each variant will have quantity=1, so each time a piece will be sold that specific variant will be out of stock.
I'd like to a have a fixed number of variants disposable for selling (published) at any time. For example i will create 40 variants for a product and i want 8 of them to be automatically published in any moment. That is : when a variant is sold the system should automatically publish another variant.

Is this possible ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 5 months ago #300268

Hello,

That is : when a variant is sold the system should automatically publish another variant.

There's actually no option to achieve it, so a solution can be to directly develop a plugin which will achieve it based on your specification.
For more information about Hikashop plugin development :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 5 months ago #300321

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

There's actually no option to achieve it, so a solution can be to directly develop a plugin which will achieve it based on your specification.

Thank you Mohamend, i will keep it in consideration.
I have another question, please, about variants :
reading this topic Display picture based upon characteristic chosen i understood that i can add specific images for each different variant generated by the system as combination of characteristics, and when the user select a specific variant from the dropdown menus the system will show the corresponding pictures.
I was not able to view the linked example in the officiali demo but i found this page of a third-party template demo on which default selection is Black and shows 3 pictures, changing Size for Black doesn't change anything, while selecting Red/Small Red/Medium and Red/Small shows different image sets.
Now, as i wrote, i will use many variants for each product.
Can i shows all pictures af all variants at the same time, without any pre-selected option in the dropdown menu ?

I'd like to do somethig like eBat does, this is an example : when the page is loaded no Model neither Size is selected and all images for all models are shown. If user select a specific model the corresponding image thumbnail is shown. Moreover, in a reverse way, if you click on an image the corresponding option will be selected in the dropdown menu.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 5 months ago #300324

Hello,

I'd like to do somethig like eBat does, this is an example : when the page is loaded no Model neither Size is selected and all images for all models are shown. If user select a specific model the corresponding image thumbnail is shown. Moreover, in a reverse way, if you click on an image the corresponding option will be selected in the dropdown menu.

There's actually no option to select images/thumbnail after selecting a variant.
However a solution can be to :
- Add every product+variants images through options of the "IMAGES AND FILES" tab of your main product configuration page.
- Add the good image to your product variant configuration page.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds