Custom Field Values

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 3 months ago #302371

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.18

Im working on a site for someone who does custom items. Most of the time a chareteristic will work just fine, but there are a few instances that it won't work with.

The customer needs to be able to select mutltiple gem colors and then be charged for each gem color they choose. I would rather not have to duplicate 5 charectoristics on one product. However, if I go into custom fields where the user can use a checkbox to choose multiple colors, it doesn't have the option to charge them per selection.

Is there a way around this, because except for this one instance, I love Hikashop and would rather not have to switch to another ecommerce option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 3 months ago #302385

Hi,

How about using options for that ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
From what you're saying it seems that it is what you need.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 3 months ago #302423

Here is the problem with using the characteristics options...

My client has a bracelet, that when chosen, a person can add up to 5 birthstones onto it. While the first birthstone is free, each time an additional birthstone is added, it is $5/additional birthstone.

I can't create one characteristic and then just add it 5 times, so then I'd have to duplicate the same characteristic 5 TIMES. ie Birthstone 2, Birthstone 3, etc...

What I want to know is if there is a better way to do this, one that relies on customer input but will still add a dollar amount to the specified input?

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 3 months ago #302426

Hi,

Options are different from characteristics.
What you want to do is this:
- you have one characteristic for the birthstone type with the different possible values including one "please select".
- you create 5 products in an unpublished category and in each product you select that characteristic and choose the "please select" variant as default one.
- in your main product, you add these five products in the "options" area.
That way, you'll get your five selections, each one independent from the other, and capable of adding the $5 based on the prices you configured in the variants of the characteristic.

So to me, what you're saying you want in your messages is precisely what the options system does. But maybe I'm missing something ?

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds