Variants Dropdown showing $ 0.00 for 2 out of 3 options

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 3 days ago #305096

Followed instructions as per:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options

Let's take the example of the creation of the RAM option :

First, we made one characteristic called RAM quantity with the three values via the menu Products->Characteristics.

Second, we created one product option (like a normal product) that we called RAM and we added that characteristic to it.

Third, we clicked on the "Variants" tab of that option product and add the variants and set the name of each variant and its price.

Finally, we added the RAM option product as an option of the desktop computer product on the desktop computer edition screen.

But we are getting:

Number of Classes: Single Class ( + $ 25.00)
5 Class Pack ( + $0.00)
10 Class Pack ( + $0.00)

NOT what we are trying to have which is:

Number of Classes: Single Class ( + $ 25.00)
5 Class Pack ( + $120.00)
10 Class Pack ( + $220.00)

Feels like a bug...
HELP?

Thanks,

M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 3 days ago #305107

Hello,

Can you provide relative screenshot to your configuration in order to check your configuration, and try to reproduce your issue ?
Awaiting news from you to move forward on your subject.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 3 days ago by Philip.

5 years 2 days ago #305131

I don't know which screenshots you would want... as there are so many screens...

Wouldn't it be faster for both of us, if I gave you access to the site?
I just need a way to do so that is private/secure.

Cheers,

M.

5 years 2 days ago #305146

Hello,

It's for sure more quick for you but as we have lots of people to help and many things in our todolist, we can afford the time to check each backend, I'm sorry for this, Check configuration directly in backend is our last solution.
And so it's too early to go to your backend, there is many point to check before this :
1. Did you define a price to each of your variants, see my screenshot

2. Show one of your concerned main product, and more especially in Specific part the Option, then show your the relative product used like an option, example :

Main product

Option product

Check for each of this examples if the price is correctly setted and if by example if there isn't acl restriction, or date limit that can explain that HikaShop don't associate a price.
Of course, you have to only do this for configuration screenshot configuration that leads to your issue.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 2 days ago by Philip.

5 years 1 day ago #305186

Bonjour Philip,

Here are the screenshots that you asked for:

for the results page:
www.itsyogakids.com/booking/product/1-it...family-ages-1-5.html

It probably comes from the fact that I need to have the pricing be in the dropdown:

1 class = $ 25
5 class pack = $ 120
10 class pack = $ 220

Also, for Add a Family Member, i'm trying to figure out how to replicate the functionality that you have on the demo page:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options

for Computer Mouse - basically I need a 'no price option' for 0 additional Family Members and $ 5 for 1 additional Family Member, $ 10 for 2 additional Family Members etc etc

[and in a PERFECT world [doubt this is possible out of the box], I would need a blank field to show for each additional Family Member where the customer could enter a person's name...]

Thanks for the help...
Cheers,

M.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 1 day ago #305188

Hi,

The issue is that the prices are not configured correctly in the variants of your "number of classes".
You should not have a "minimum quantity" in these prices and instead, you should enter the price for the whole pack of classes.
So for example, for the "10 classes" variant, instead of a price of 22 with a minimum quantity of 10, you should have a price of 220 and no minimum quantity.

For the computer mouse product option, that product just doesn't have any variant. When you add a product as an option and that product doesn't have variants, the system will automatically add a "no" choice to the dropdown like you can see on the demo website.

Now, if you want to have input fields to appear based on what is selected in options, it would require some custom coding. You would first create custom fields of the table "item" and of the type "text" to have the inputs on the page. Then, the simplest is to edit the file "option" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views and modify the javascript code there to add a few lines to hide/display the area of the custom field or a single custom field based on the value of the option being changed.
A javascript developer should be able to easily do that for you.

5 years 21 hours ago #305234

Hi Nicolas,

Great, and fixed for the 1st part.

For the Add Family Member situation, we are trying to have None or 0 for No Additional Family Member, and $ 5 for 1 and $ 10 for 2 and $ 15 for 3 and $ 20 for 4 etc [up to say 5 family members]... what do you recommend for that sort of setup - where the default is 0/None?

www.itsyogakids.com/booking.html and it's products

Cheers,

M.

Last edit: 5 years 15 hours ago by itsyogakids.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 20 hours ago #305235

Hi,

I don't see what is the problem with the "add family member" option ?
Can't you have a product with 9 variants:
0 family member
1 family member
etc
and have that product as option ?
If you don't see a price for the 0 family member variant, you won't have a price for it.

Last edit: 5 years 4 hours ago by nicolas.

4 years 11 months ago #305361

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply... I guess I should have gone into further details... / explained it better...

What we WOULD like to be able to handle all of these situations:

a. 1 Single Class = $ 25
b. 1 Single Class + 1 or more Family Members = $ 30 - $ 45
c. 1 5 pack Classes = + $ 95 = $ 25 base + $ 95 = $ 120
d. 1 10 pack Classes = + $ 195 = $ 25 base + $ 195 = $ 220

e. 1 5 pack Classes + 1 Family Member = $ 25 base + $ 95 + $ 25 = $ 145
f. 1 5 pack Classes + 2 Family Members = $ 25 base + $ 95 + $ 50 = $ 170
g. 1 5 pack Classes + 3 Family Members = $ 25 base + $ 95 + $ 75 = $ 195
h. 1 5 pack Classes + 4 Family Members = $ 25 base + $ 95 + $ 100 = $ 220

i. 1 10 pack Classes + 1 Family Member = $ 25 base + $ 195 + $ 50 = $ 270
j. 1 10 pack Classes + 2 Family Members = $ 25 base + $ 195 + $ 100 = $ 320
k. 1 10 pack Classes + 3 Family Members = $ 25 base + $ 195 + $ 150 = $ 370
l. 1 10 pack Classes + 4 Family Members = $ 25 base + $ 195 + $ 200 = $ 420

the way it's setup on www.itsyogakids.com/booking/product/1-it...family-ages-1-5.html , a., b., c. and d. are handled...
BUT e. through l. are not handled...

Is there some sort of system/way of handling it WITHOUT custom programming? maybe through Bundles or some other way?

Is there some if then condition that we could setup for if 5 Pack Classes is chosen AND 3 Family Members = it calculates differently based on what you see above?

Cheers,

M.

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by itsyogakids.

4 years 11 months ago #305382

Hello,

If I understand your need well, let's details my idea through the different part of the configuration :
=> The main product which constitutes the minimum basis (Main product, single class : 25$)
+
=> The variant product, Family Members (from a number characteristics 0 to required number)
Example :
Customer select by example 2 => your variant price will be 25$ + 50$, and you can add this price details in your variant description (that you can add to the main product description)
+
=> Add option (create several products just for this specific use ?) => 5 pack Classes = 95$ & 10 pack Classes = 195$

Note : Take care that if your customer try to add several single class (main product) everything will be multiplied by the main product quantity.
Maybe, there is some explanation to add to your product description OR define a maximum quantity per order ?...
Depends from your needs.
Hope this will help you.

Regards

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds