• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310408

-- url of the page with the problem -- : antiqueswan.com/product
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hi,
This site: antiqueswan.com/product , is having numerous issues with the filter and search. I did a few screen recordings in hopes to make the explanation clear and demonstrated. To summarize:

Filter on price (currently a checkbox type): the selection does not remain visible to the user. Recording: screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQVbptOTJ and screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQVbdtOO6

Reset: clears the fields in the module but does not reload the products so the only option if for the user to reload the menu item (and this is unlikely to be a known step for the user). Shown in other recordings listed above.

Word search: creates an "aw snap - can't open this page" error page (in Chrome) after clicking return or clicking on filter button and causes all other open browser windows to do the same simultaneously. Recording: screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQVbptOTJ

Word search: does not submit when using the keyboard return in Safari. Recording: screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQVF1tOte

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by karendunne. Reason: had the wrong version of php, changed from 7.1 to 7.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310409

Price checkbox filter: unable to change the type from checkbox to radio button; results in "1054 Unknown column 'input' in 'field list'" and checkbox clears after user selection. Recording: screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQVb9tOO4 and screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQVFptOUX

I read the following two threads but did not find a related solution.
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...r-search.html#310333
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-filters.html#310173

I sure hope you can help. :(

Thank you,

Karen

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by karendunne. Reason: added attachment

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 7 months ago #310439

Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on. However, looking at the HTML of your filter area, I can see that you have some elements from the 4.2.1 and some elements from old versions of HikaShop.
So this means that some things could not be updated.
And looking at the missing elements, the first thing I would recommend is to rename the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/filter.php via FTP, download the install package of the 4.2.1 Business on our website and install it again on your website. That will add back that file with the latest version code.
Then, make sure you clear the cache of your website / browser and it should work much better.
Also, you apparently have some view overrides. So check the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product via FTP.
There you should find a listing.php and/or a listing_div.php file. Try renaming them and it should help too.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310728

Thank you for the direction Nicolas. That had us headed in the right direction and took less time looking for a needle in a hay stack.

To close the loop on this issue, and perhaps for others who may be troubleshooting, I wanted to add what we found to fix it: There is some logic and javascript in the layout files. Apparently, in the case of listing.php, some changes were made that broke backward compatibility. This seemed to be a consequence of not separating logic from layout. So our overriding file fell out-of-sync with some aspect of Hikashop. We replaced the listing.php file with the new one and then added back the customizations that were there originally in the listing.php file.

Things seemed to be working as expected again.

Thank you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds