No mail to owner

• Thank you received: 2
1 year 3 months ago #348217

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.6
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

As payment method I use credit card and collect on delivery payment. Collect on delivery payment I have set so that the payment is set as confirmed. Although the order appears in the table, a corresponding mail is sent to the customer, but none to the store owner. With the method with credit card it works correctly.

Why is this and how can I correct it?

Thanks for the feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
1 year 3 months ago #348218

Hi,

HikaShop sends 4 emails:
- the "order creation notification" to the user when the order is created
- the "order admin notification" to the admin when the order is created
- the "order status notification" to the user when the order status is changed automatically from "created" to "confirmed" by a payment method receiving a notification of payment or when you manually change the status of an order and activate the nofitication of the user
- the "payment notification" to the admin when a payment method receives a payment notification. It will even send it when the payment is refused of when there is a problem with the notification so that the admin can check if there is something wrong

From your message, I suppose you must have disabled the "order creation notification" and "order admin notification" emails.
With the "Collect on delivery" payment method, if you activate the order status change, the customer will receive the "order status notification". But since there won't be a payment notification, it won't send the "payment notification" email. I suppose that's what you're talking about.

The simplest solution would be to enable back the "order admin notification" to be notified when an order is created. The drawback is that you'll be notified even for credit card orders.

An alternative would be to disable the "payment notification" email and instead add your email address in the "BCC" field of the "order status notification". That way, you would get a copy of the email received by the customer and it would work for both payment methods.
Another alternative would be to reuse the first solution above, but modify the code of the preload of the "order admin notification" in order to send it only when the collect of delivery payment method has been used ( www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...onfirmed.html#338252 ).

Note however that both alternatives require the Business edition of HikaShop. Seeing that you're using the Essential edition, you would need to upgrade to implement one or the other:
www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html

1 year 3 months ago #348283

Thank you very much for the detailed answer.
Yes, it is correct. I have disabled the "order creation notification" and "order admin notification" emails.

Enable back the "order admin notification" is not the solution for me because in this case, as you mention, orders with credit card also trigger a mail even if the payment is not confirmed yet.

I must be able to realize the following:
The owner must receive a mail when Paypal sends a confirmation (I work with Paypal Checkout payment) or when someone orders with "Collect on delivery" payment method.

That is. Either I activate "Order Admin Notification" and prevent that a mail is triggered when someone pays via Paypal or I leave "Order Admin Notification" deactivated and make sure that when someone orders with "Collect on delivery" payment method, a mail is still sent to the owner.

Where and how can I adjust the code to realize my goal?

Thanks for the support.

Regards
langi

1 year 3 months ago #348287

Hi,

The modifications of the code can be done by editing the emails in the menu System>Emails. However, this is a function only available in the Business edition. So you would have to upgrade to be able to do it if you have the Essential edition.

1 year 3 months ago #348345

I have probably expressed myself unclearly.
I want to adjust the code directly in the appropriate file. Hence the question about where (which file) and how.

Best regards
langi

1 year 3 months ago #348348

Hi,

The files are located in the folder media/com_hikashop/mail/ so you can change them there. However, please note that you'll loose your changes each time you update your HikaShop so make sure you backup your changes.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds