Hikashop doesnt like php 8.2 it only likes 7.4

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
9 months 5 days ago #353811

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given

We had a problem with our check it. we figured out hikiashop doesn't like php 8.2. IT works fine with Hikashop 7.4. The error it is giving is implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 5 days ago #353816

daedalusteks wrote: -- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given

We had a problem with our check it. we figured out hikiashop doesn't like php 8.2. IT works fine with Hikashop 7.4. The error it is giving is implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given

hope this reallly got sorted out and truly tested with php 8.2.+

• Thank you received: 13081
9 months 5 days ago #353813

Hi,

This error message is the short version of the full error message. It doesn't contain the path of the file where the problem happens. Without that path, you can't say where that problem comes from.
It could be anything, like a third party payment plugin.
Please try again after activating the "debug system" setting of the Joomla configuration. You'll then get the full error message. If it comes from HikaShop, we'll be able to fix the issue with the full error message.
Note also that PHP 8.2 is still quite recent. On my local test server, I still only have access to PHP 8.1 and so I can't yet run tests on PHP 8.2. HikaShop works great on PHP 8.1, that I can guarantee. And we've already had several users providing error reports on PHP 8.2, which we've fixed, but it's likely there are still problems left, since many only happen in some combination of settings configuration.

• Thank you received: 65
9 months 5 days ago #353845

it is not only Hikashop, I don't think Joomla , even Joomla 4.4 or Joomla 5, works actually with php 8.2 , why don't you keep 8.1.17 ?

• Thank you received: 612
9 months 5 days ago #353848

Hello,

As Nicolas said, php 8.2 is very recent so not much used, that we have a lot to do in a lot of other areas, and also currently that we are in a reduced team BUT do not doubt that we are working on this subject.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

9 months 2 days ago #353932

erickb wrote: it is not only Hikashop, I don't think Joomla , even Joomla 4.4 or Joomla 5, works actually with php 8.2 , why don't you keep 8.1.17 ?

It does work with php 8.2.7 and so many of all my Joomla extensions

• Hikashop Multisite
9 months 2 days ago #353948

It doesn't work on PHP 8.1, shipping plugins causes errors when checking out. The most stable environment is 7.4php. We discussed this i another topic where i was informed that you were working on getting to PHP 8.2.

Php 7.4 support ends in October, I literally redesigned the entire site so I can update all out components and plugins to 8.2

Now the site is on 8.2 and everything else is except hikashop.

whats the eta?

• Hikashop Multisite
9 months 2 days ago #353950

Joomla 4. and 5 work on PHP 8.2 just fine, our entire site does. But when you go to checkout on hikashop it throws an error unless we are on php 7.4

• Hikashop Multisite
9 months 2 days ago #353951

It doesn't work on PHP 8.1, shipping plugins causes errors when checking out. The most stable environment is 7.4php. We discussed this i another topic where i was informed that you were working on getting to PHP 8.2.

Php 7.4 support ends in October, I literally redesigned the entire site so I can update all out components and plugins to 8.2

Now the site is on 8.2 and everything else is except hikashop.

whats the eta?

I set PHP to 8.1 and the same error at checkout the only time it doesn't error at checkout is on 7.4

9 months 1 day ago #353956

Install a WAMP enviroment to test dev of pho 8.2.+ ?

9 months 1 day ago #353955

Hi,

@daedalusteks
Please reproduce the error message after activating the "debug system" setting of the Joomla configuration. You'll then get the full error message. We'll be able to fix the issue with the full error message.
The ETA is "as soon as you provide the full error message" and you give us a few hours.

@ssnobben
As @daedalusteks said, he had the same problem on 8.1. And we don't get that error on 8.1 on our end. It's an error specific to a particular configuration of HikaShop. We just need the full error message from him in order to fix it. Setting up a 8.2 environment on our end won't help us reproduce the problem and fix it.

Last edit: 9 months 1 day ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 65
9 months 2 days ago #353965

ssnobben wrote:

erickb wrote: it is not only Hikashop, I don't think Joomla , even Joomla 4.4 or Joomla 5, works actually with php 8.2 , why don't you keep 8.1.17 ?

It does work with php 8.2.7 and so many of all my Joomla extensions

I still don see any interest in having the very last php version when 8.1.17 works perfectly

• Hikashop Multisite
5 months 6 days ago #356943

Still waiting for an update for hika to work with 8.2

• Thank you received: 612
5 months 6 days ago #356958

Hello,

HikaShop is now fully compatible with php 8.2 since September and the HikaShop 5.0.0 release, announced here in our blog and our change log, here .

Regards

Last edit: 5 months 6 days ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Multisite
4 months 4 weeks ago #357191

Can we just change the php version hikashop wont break?

4 months 4 weeks ago #357201

Hi,

I've working myself on HikaShop for the past 3 months on Joomla 5 with PHP 8.2 and I fixed all the issues I found with the releases of the 5.0.0, and the 5.0.1.
As far as I know, there is no issue left in HikaShop 5.0.2 in regards to issues with PHP 8.2

Now, the error message you provided in your first message on this thread 4 months ago is not the full error message. As we said before here, to get the full error message, you need to reproduce the issue with the "debug" setting of the Joomla configuration. Only then is it possible to say where the problem is.
It's totally possible that even 4 months ago, the problem you reported was actually not in the code of HikaShop but somewhere else, leading to what appeared to you as HikaShop breaking.
For example, old versions of JCE make the product edit screen of HikaShop break on PHP 8.2. You might think that the problem is in HikaShop without the full error message, while the full error message really points at JCE's old version.

• Hikashop Multisite
4 months 2 days ago #357895

Things like this cripple our business, when we updated to the new php standard for Joomla, hikashop wasn't compatible. Our online processing for orders was down, Hikashop didn't have a notification plugin to inform us and we spent almost two months without being able to have clients process orders online. Its the same with several other issues, we spend our time without online processing or ordering, get told weeks or months later by a client and we are left holding the bag and loss in revenue.

We're up for renewal at the new year, but things like not being able to integrate amazon stores, difficulty integrating google merchant, shipping plugins/apis, instagram shop and others. Plus having to make custom fields and etc on your companies behalf to get google merchant going instead of having these integrations just work is making platforms like Shopify, Wordpress and other more palatable than staying with Hikashop.

We've been in the web development world for quite some time and have had hika since we started our company but at this point its starting to seem that we are spending more time hunting down inefficiencies that we have to code, fix or do custom edits instead of things just integrating and working.

For instance, we currently are having issues exporting all our products. We hit export to csv and everything is in one cell by itself. Its not separated in rows, columns or anything of the sort to be able to manipulate data to import it on other platforms. Making it seem that hikashop is proprietary and you have to start donig some excel work to get things organized right.

4 months 2 days ago #357908

Hi,

Our online processing for orders was down, Hikashop didn't have a notification plugin to inform us and we spent almost two months without being able to have clients process orders online.

By default HikaShop sends a Payment notification email after each payment notification received by a payment plugin.
So if the notification of the payment doesn't arrive anymore, you won't get that email anymore, or if there is a issue with the payment, the order will be cancelled and the payment notification email will indicate this. Either way, you should be able to directly see the problem.

difficulty integrating google merchant, instagram shop

Both are possible with the Google Products plugin, and many merchants using HikaShop use that capability to do this.

shipping plugins/apis

HikaShop has many shipping plugins available for it. In 2023, we developed a whole new shipping plugin for UPS. In 2024, we'll be developing a whole new shipping plugin for FedEx.
We release a new version of HikaShop every 2 months or so. Each time with many fixes, improvments and new features. Besides this, we also release new versions of other extensions, new plugins on our marketplace, free or not, etc.
Yes, there are not hundreds of shipping plugins available. Nothing we can do about it. We're a small team, and we're not making enough money which would allow us to have tens or hundreds of developers, like Shopify or Wordpress.
If you can't accept that, that's your choice and you'll have to look elsewhere I'm afraid.

For instance, we currently are having issues exporting all our products. We hit export to csv and everything is in one cell by itself. Its not separated in rows, columns or anything of the sort to be able to manipulate data to import it on other platforms. Making it seem that hikashop is proprietary and you have to start donig some excel work to get things organized right.

Sorry to say, but it seems that you're complaining without looking into the matter first. The CSV HikaShop outputs by default is totally valid. The problem is with the software you're using to open it which doesn't offer you by default an interface to select the separator or automatically detects it. Plus, there is actually a setting in HikaShop to select which separator to use for the exports, in order to better match with your software:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...products.html#287995

• Hikashop Multisite
4 months 1 day ago #357924

Yeah but I'm still dealing with this after almost 2 years.

We need resolution please. Then I can say we witnessed our products syncing to google and also facebook/instagram.

What about ebay, amazon?

Attachments:

4 months 2 days ago #357937

Hi,

Please stop posting for same issue on different threads.
I told you we're a small team. What this means is that I have to spend almost twice the amount of time to answer all your messages.

For your Google Products issues, we'll continue here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...erchant-account.html

For Ebay and Amazon, I already replied to you about it yesterday:
www.hikashop.com/forum/integrations/8973...iexpress.html#357913

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds