• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
7 months 3 days ago #356078

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : google

Help please.

I have had PayPal IPN issues since Saturday? no changes for a while on the system. looked at upgrades an nothing was showing although I know there is an upgrade to Hika 5? I upgraded this manually and still got errors so down graded back to 4.7.5 and now cannot access anything on Joomla at all website is 404 error? cannot upgrade back to Hike 5?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13108
7 months 3 days ago #356080

Hi,

This error indicates that a plugin has been upgraded but that HikaShop hasn't been yet.
Because of this the plugin tries to use a class which doesn't exists.
Turn on the "debug" in the Joomla configuration in order to get the full error message. It will tell you which plugin is responsible for this. disable the plugin and you won't get the error anymore.
If you can't access your Joomla configuration page to enable the debug, you can manually edit the configuration.php file via FTP.
and if you can't access your Joomla plugins manager to disable the plugin responsible, you can rename its folder in the plugins folder of your website via FTP in order to deactivate it.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 3 days ago #356083

Hi, yes not access but now got "debug"

Had a few to disable but stuck on this one as I cannot find which payment one it is?

Rgds

Attachments:

7 months 3 days ago #356084

Hi,

It's a system plugin. You can find it in plugins/system/hikashoppayment/ in your FTP

• Hikashop Business
7 months 3 days ago #356085

Hi, I have now got it back working again (when de grading some of the php files had not gone back to 4.7.5 and were 5) sorted those and now back on 5.

However I still have a problem with no IPN's from PayPal and also updating, I'm guessing they are both connected?

See screen dump, Joomla is showing no updates available in one box but you can clearly see there are updates?

I get this message when trying to update Joomla
Update: Could not open update site #30 "Joomla! Update Component", URL: update.joomla.org/core/extensions/com_joomlaupdate.xml

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Rgds

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 3 days ago by mohairbears.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 3 days ago #356091

Hi, Further info. Now that i'm on 5 PayPal no longer works? WorldPay works ok?

See attached screen dumps please

Rgds

after pressing pay now

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 3 days ago by mohairbears.

7 months 2 days ago #356099

Hi,

I checked your website and the issue is that the client ID has not been provided in the settings of your payment method.
So I don't think it has anything to do with the update itself.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 2 days ago #356131

Hi, I used the "connect to PayPal checkout" to set this up again, went through the procedure with PayPal and all seems ok at that end, should hikashop populate those field auto as your help says it does?

EDIT: just tried a different browser and get the below error message? this is with admintools and RSfirewall turned off just in case they were blocking? if appears something is stopping Hikashop talking to PayPal and updates etc.?

Rgds

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 2 days ago by mohairbears.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 2 days ago #356142

Hi Again, I have managed to solve this.

Problems all started around midnight on Saturday. I had not been on the system as I was away until Monday morning.

I'm now guessing that my host kindly decided to update my PHP to 8.1.24? that looks like the problem all along, I have changed it to 8.0.30 and everything is working ok again ;o)

Rgds

• Hikashop Business
7 months 2 days ago #356143

Now getting this message? cannot update as PayPal and updates don't work on 8.1.24>

Attachments:

7 months 2 days ago #356136

Hi,

At the end of the connection process, the client id and client secret fields should be filled in automatically by PayPal.
If that's not the case, it means that something didn't work. The connection system is quite capricious.

So if that doesn't work for you, please manually get the client id and client secret from your PayPal account and input them manually.
The documentation explains where to find them:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...form.html#additional

• Hikashop Business
7 months 1 day ago #356182

Hi, Please read the 2 below the connection part. This was solved due to a PHP issue, screen shots included, will updated to Joomla 4.4 solve this?

Rgds

7 months 1 day ago #356183

Hi,

Updating to Joomla 4.4 won't fix the warning with your PHP 8.0 version being too old.
The updates of Joomla not working on PHP 8.1 on your website is not something we can help with. You need to ask directly on forum.joomla.org as we don't know what could be the problem.

Regarding the connection to PayPal not working on PHP 8.1, I don't know anything about it. But even if that's true, then it's not a problem for you since you were able to solve it by downgrading temporarily to PHP 8.0. Once the connection is established in the payment method, you don't need to do it again, and thus you can move back to PHP 8.1. And even if you can't, as I said in my previous message, you can circumvent the problem by manually entering the credentials.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 1 day ago #356188

Ok will try that.

Just for clarity, on 8.1 I did try to enter manually and it still would not work on 8.1? also I could not get updates on 8.1 either, changed back to 8 and both work.

Rgds

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds