Strange Behavior with Shipping on Web Server

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 3 months ago #35271

I am new the HikaShop and have been evaluating it as a replacement for Virtuemart. I have run into what I think is an odd issue with shipping being added to the order. For the past few weeks I have been building my HikaShop on a local machine and have been running Joomla 1.7.3 as localhost. Everything expect the Paypal IPN (that is a subject for another topic) is working fine when run on the my local machine under Xampp 1,7,4 (PHP 5.3.5). This is what the checkout page looks like when run under this environment.

However, when I move the site from the local development environment to my Test/Dev Web server at my ISP shipping is not added to the checkout. Nothing has change in the HikaShop configuration as I used Akeeba Backup and Kickstart process to move it. The only thing that is different is the PHP, MySql, and Apache server versions. Here is the PHP info output for the local server I used. I will post an image of the Web server ISP behavior in a response to this post.

Thank you,

Paul

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #35272

Here is the PHP Info output for the my local development environment.

12 years 3 months ago #35273

Ok I guess this forum doesn't support PDF file upload

12 years 3 months ago #35274

Here is the image of the checkout page from my Web server ISP based Test/Dev environment

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 3 months ago #35294

Your products are not detected as being shippable.
It's either that you didn't set a weight for them, or that the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" of the configuration is turned off.

For the IPN, it's normal that it doesn't work on local as paypal cannot contact your website for the payment notification.

12 years 3 months ago #35311

Thank you for the quick response

All my products have shipping weights however I do have the "Force shipping regardless of weight" set to off in the configuration. We also sell digital items and subscriptions which do not have a shipping costs so I don't want shipping added to these.

I ran through to the check out phase using the same products in both web server based and localhost based environments. This time shipping was added in both. I also tested this on the web server based site using a book and a magazine and the shipping module did not detected them as shippable. I have a weight of 1.5 Lbs set for each book and a weight of 0.4 Lbs set for each magazines. My minimum shipping weight is set to 0.3 Lbs in my manual shipping method and I have multiple shipping methods to cover US state that we do and don not collect sales tax for.

After playing around with both environments I have determined that both are behaving the same. That is both shops are not calculating the shipping correct or not detecting it on all products which then causes shipping not to be added. It is possible that I have me shipping weight set too light? I also used the export product to .cvs file so that I can do a bulk update of all the produce weights and then an import. Could this have introduced a pronlem?

Paul

12 years 3 months ago #35314

It sounds like you didn't set "lb" as the main (the first one in the list) weight unit in your configuration and because of the weight conversions it round the values and found that they are equal to zero. You should check on that.

12 years 3 months ago #35326

I don't think that is the problem either. I have the weight units set to lb, oz per below

Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #35357

So yes it's not that.
For the products with the problem, could you try to go in their product edition page, make sure that the weight unit is in lb and save the product information ? If there is an inconsistency in the database, that will force it to use lbs and not something else.
That might help make these products shippable.

12 years 3 months ago #35359

Nicolas,

I found the problem. It was an issue with mixed units in the weight field of the product import file. The products that had Lb in the field pulled up the shipping. Product that had pounds (remnant from importing my products from VirtueMart) in the weight field did not. I have change all weight units to lb and imported the csv file to update the prodcuts. Everything is working now.

I also got my IPN problem corrected. Our ISP did not have OpenSSL complied and enabled on the server. Once they did that IPN started to work and it updates the status of orders from created to confirmed.

Thank you,

Paul

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by ELHS.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds