JFBConnect, The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #269053

Hello,

I use hikashop / hikamarket registration forms on my website
When I try to Log In with JFBConnect, I get an error : The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect
I don't get this error when I disable the HikaShop ReCaptcha v2 plugin...

I created a topic at sourcecoast: www.sourcecoast.com/forums/jfbconnect/jf...was-incorrect#p61680

Could you please take a look?

Christophe.

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ChristopheMG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 11 months ago #269071

Hi,

I understand that if you deactivate the "automatic registration" setting of JFBConnect, it works fine.
I'm not familiar with JFBConnect.
Could you explain what that setting does ?

Here is what I can say without knowning much about JFBConnect:
The Recaptcha we have was developed well before the Captcha system of Joomla existed.
It is a system plugin which implements the onBeforeStoreUser trigger of Joomla.
If the option parameter in the URL of the request is either of 'com_user','com_users','com_alpharegistration','com_ccusers','com_virtuemart','com_hikashop','com_hikamarket','com_akeebasubs'
then our plugin checks that the captcha was filled in properly. These are the extensions that are supported by the plugin and the plugin manually add the captcha to their registration page with some regex in the trigger onAfterRender.

If we could understand what is the flow of JFBConnect in the case it doesn't work, we could probably come up with some modification to avoid that situation. Maybe JFBconnect support will also have some indications for us as to what should be the best solution knowing what I just wrote above so I'd recommend you give them a link to this thread.

6 years 11 months ago #269242

Hi,

This is Melissa from the SourceCoast team for JFBConnect.

When our automatic registration setting is disabled, JFBConnect goes to a user registration view where we ask for a little bit of extra profile information from the user (some may be entered by the user or imported from a social network). Then a Joomla user is created with a mapping to the social network credentials. In the case with the recaptcha plugin enabled, the error message mentioned above appears when the Register button on this registration view is clicked.

I stepped through the Hikashop recaptcha plugin code and found that the onBeforeUserCreate method is getting triggered and making the call to checkCaptcha that is throwing the message. If I put in a check to return true for com_jfbconnect (similar to onBeforeStoreUser method that you mentioned), then the registration proceeds as normal and the user is created/activated properly without a warning.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks
-Melissa

6 years 11 months ago #269318

Hi,

Thank you for the details.
I've made a patch to the plugin based on that. It should now work properly, regardless of how that setting is configured.
Please download again the Recaptcha plugin on www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...-with-recaptcha.html and install it on your website @ChristopheMG and that should then work fine.

6 years 11 months ago #269322

Hi Nicolas,
When I try to install the new plugin:
I get a white page +
Fatal error: Cannot use [] for reading in .../.../public_html/plugins/system/recaptcha2/recaptcha2.php on line 59

Please let me know,

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ChristopheMG.

6 years 11 months ago #269326

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. That's another bug we didn't know about and not related to the JCBConnect issue.
I've added a patch for that one too.

Please download again the Recaptcha plugin and install it on your website and you'll get the fix for that error too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopheMG

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds