Auto subscribe customers to Acymailing 5

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336789

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4

Im using Acymailing 5 for some automated email campaigns. That part is ok.
But have problems with auto subscribe to list. Some customers are subscribed and some not (about half). Cant find patern why.
I use guest checkout, so no user is generated in Joomla or Hika.
Any ideas where to look?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 5 months ago #336795

Hi,

This is handled by the (auto)subscribe plugin of AcyMailing.
I checked their changelog at www.acymailing.com/change-log/ but it doesn't mention when they added the support of guest checkouts for the auto subscribe and I don't know your exact AcyMailing version either.
So hard to say anything useful.
I suppose that they're using the onAfterHikaUserRegistration event which was added on our end in 2016, so around AcyMailing 5.5 / 5.6. But I don't know when they started using that trigger to support guest checkouts. Before that, I suppose they were using the onAfterUserCreate event as HikaShop didn't had a guest checkout. So the first thing to check would be that you're indeed using a version of AcyMailing recent enough that you have all the patchs relative to the guest checkout support.

I would recommend you contact AcyMailing support. They should be able to check on their end.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336910

Im using Acy 5.10.23

Is there any way to notify customers via Hikashop? Massactions maybe?

I need to notify customer with payment method bank transfer. If status of their order is not changed to confirmed or shipped in x days, then mail notification is sent to them.

2 years 5 months ago #336914

Hi,

In that case, you can use the reminder plugin:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/241-reminder-plugin.html
It can be used to contact the customers when they have an abandonned cart or an abandonned order (and you can choose the order statuses to take into account there).
Note however that you can restrict this based on the payment method selected by the user. So if you also have a PayPal payment method and the user didn't pay for his order (this means he finished the checkout but stopped once he reached the PayPal payment page), he would also be notified.

Restricting the notification based on the payment method selected would be possible with a bit of custom coding in the notification email via the menu System>Emails.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336923

Ok, seems nice solution.
Some questions:
- 1. Does reminder plugin work for guest checkout?
- 2. On reminder plugin page cant see options to set notification depend on payment method. Can this be done?
- 3. On reminder plugin page cant see options to set notification depend on order status.
- 4. How much coding needed for Restricting the notification? Can you help me with that or is there any cost?

For payment notifications I need to notify ONLY customer with payment method bank transfer. When they order, they get status created. If status of their order is not changed to confirmed OR shipped in x days, then mail notification is sent to them.

For abandoned carts I need to notify ALL.

Thank you

2 years 5 months ago #336931

Hi,

1. Yes

2. No. As I said at the end of my previous message:

Restricting the notification based on the payment method selected would be possible with a bit of custom coding in the notification email via the menu System>Emails.

3. There is indeed no such setting. However, the plugin is coded to only send reminder emails for orders with the same status as the one enabled under the "created" column of the System>Order statuses menu. And since that's the order status orders end up in when they are created but not paid, it's normally what you want.

4. This code www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/883441-d...g-method.html#237550 added to the order reminder email should work just fine to display different message based on the order_status / payment method / shipping method. And you can use
$mail->published = false;
( www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/90...-customer-group.html ) instead of displaying a message to not send the email for the current order. So it's quite easy, even for beginners in PHP.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds