problem in hikashop search after update

• Thank you received: 5
2 years 1 week ago #340820

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.2

Hello
There seems to be a problem in hikashop search after update.
I'm searching for a product (for example, iPad mini 6).
This product is in the iPad menu. But the search results open the product link on the Mac menu. Basically all the products that are searched will open on the Mac menu.
We did not have such a problem before updating hikashop and Joomla.
Such a phrase is also added at the end of the links:

highlight-WyJcdTA2MjJcdTA2Y2NcdTA2N2VcdTA2MmYiLCJcdTA2NDVcdTA2Y2NcdTA2NDZcdTA2Y2MiLCJcdTA2NDZcdTA2MzNcdTA2NDQiLCJcdTA2ZjYiXQ==

Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by levelup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 1 week ago #340822

Hi,

HikaShop has no part in this.
I suppose that you must be using the Joomla smart search and you've activated the "Highlight Search Terms" setting of the smart search options: docs.joomla.org/Help310:Components_Smart_Search_Configuration

The following user(s) said Thank You: levelup

2 years 1 week ago #340832

Hi
Thank you, the highlight problem has been resolved.
But still, all products in the search results open on the Mac page. Even products that are not in the Mac menu. Not in their own menu.
In other words, the product link in the search results is different from the product link in Hikashop.

2 years 1 week ago #340833

Hi,

This has always been the case. The search mechanism will use a randomly selected HikaShop menu item for the search results URL.
There is no mechanism which would allow the system to know which menu item would allow a user to access a product. That's actually not simple to find from the product side of things. A product can be in several categories, and each category can have a parent category, which itself can have a parent category, etc. And the menu item you want to use might only be linked to the parent of the parent of the second category selected in the product.
So it would require a really complex algorithm to find one menu item, and it might still not be the one you want to be for the product as a product could potentially be accessible from several menu items.
Usually, we deal with this with the canonical URL of products where you can enter the main URL you want to be used. However, as far as I know, the finder (smart search) mechanism of Joomla only allows us to provide it the non-sef URL and thus we cannot provide the canonical URL to it.
So I'm afraid I don't have a solution to that. I wish I had.

2 years 1 week ago #340849

Thanks for your reply.
According to your answer, the only solution is to develop a dedicated search module for this. Right?

2 years 1 week ago #340851

Hi,

There are two alternatives:
- Joomla actually had so far two search mechanism, the "smart search" that you're using right now, and the normal "search".
The normal search has been removed in Joomla 4. There were talks about the possibility to install that search component separately but I'm not sure whether this is available and where it can be downloaded. However, with that search component, canonical URLs are supported and thus what you described here is not a problem.
- the second alternative is to use the HikaShop filter system:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-filter-listing.html
You can create a simple "text" filter so that it works similarly to the joomla search, but you can also create more complex filtering with price ranges, brand filtering, characteristics filtering, etc.
And since it uses a normal HikaShop products listing to display the results, it of course supports canonical URLs, and all the normal settings of a normal HikaShop products listing.
So if you plan your search system on searching only on products, this would be more adapted to your need.

2 years 5 days ago #341002

And another question
Why is the product image not displayed in search results?

2 years 5 days ago #341003

Hi,

The smart search plugin in HikaShop was developed in 2020. The support of images in the smart search results was only added in Joomla 4.1 which was released recently : issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/32450
So I've added this task on our todo list. I've looked a bit on this today and I found that it's quite easy to add.
So I'll look into adding this for HikaShop 4.5.2 in 1 or 2 months.

2 years 5 days ago #341013

Hi again,

I've actually worked on it this afternoon.
Here is a new version of the finder hikashop plugin which adds that support.
Just install the plugin via the joomla extensions installer and it will add the patch for this in the plugin.
Then, you need to reindex the products in the backend smart search component and you should be good to go.

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashop_2...4-20.zip
File Size:6 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 days ago by nicolas.

1 year 11 months ago #341437

Hi
Thank you so much.
It works great.
But I installed it on another site, and although in the Smart Search settings the Result Image option is on show, but it does not show the images. I indexed it several times and Joomla version is 4.1.
Did I forget something?

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by levelup.

1 year 11 months ago #341447

Hi,

Do you see the images for the Joomla articles on that new website ?
- If yes, then it's the indexing which is a problem. In that case, could you compare the products on both websites ? What is different between them ? Do they have variants ? Images in variants and not in the main products ?
- If no, then it's the display setting of the results image which is a problem. In that case, it's a Joomla thing and I don't know what it could be.

1 year 11 months ago #341819

Hi
I found the problem. The problem was with Joomla! Version 4.1.2. Updated to 4.13 fixed the problem of displaying images in search.
Thank you so much

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

1 year 11 months ago #341825

Hi
Looks like this plugin needs a minor tweak.
If the product is in several categories, the number of categories will be repeated in the search results.

1 year 11 months ago #341832

Hi,

In the settings of the Smart Search - HikaShop Products plugin in the joomla plugins manager, you have a setting "Index products per category" to choose whether you want to index the products per category or only once for all the categories. So you just want to toggle that setting and reindex your products.

1 year 11 months ago #341839

Grate job. thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds