I do'nt want to send e-mail on cancellation

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 6 months ago #324407

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21

Hi there,

I only want to send an email (Order Status Notification) after order status is set to 'Confirmed', but not when the order status is set to 'Cancelled'. How can I do that? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Hans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 6 months ago #324430

Hi,

When you change the status of an order in the backend, you have a checkbox to send or not a notification to the customer.
So you can choose what you want to do each time you change the order status of an order.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 6 months ago #324444

Thanks for your reply, but apparently I wasn't clear enough. What I meant was a situation, where a payment has been succesful and an email is automatically sent (so no manual status changes). I know I can change the content of an email, depending on order status, but in case of a cancellation I don't want to send an email at all. Hopefully this describes my question better.

3 years 6 months ago #324445

Hi,

No email is set to the customer when an order is cancelled automatically during the payment notification process.
So there is nothing to do.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 6 months ago #324466

Hi Nicolas,

I'm afraid that in my case an e-mail IS sent. Perhaps this has something to do with the way I setup Hikashop.
I have many examples and this also works in the same way on one of my other websites.
Can we check together how and where this goes wrong? I'm happy to provide you login details so you can check it yourself. Thanks in advance.

3 years 6 months ago #324476

Hi,

If an email is sent to the customer when the order is cancelled automatically, then it can only be a problem with your payment plugin and you must be using one not from us as none of them do that.
In that case, you'll want to check with your payment plugin provider.
Now I can have a look too. Could you go in the menu Customers>Emails history, open the email that you got and provide a screenshot of the details of that email ?
It's likely that the email you got is not the "order status notification" email, but the "payment notification" email which is sent to the administrator when a payment notification is received, be it successful or failed. So you'll receive it, as administrator of the shop, even when the order is cancelled, so that you can check the situation if you want/need.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 6 months ago #324520

Hi, I am using cciDEAL at the moment, configured for Mollie. After you mentioned I just discovered there is a specific Mollie payment method for Hikashop, right? If I use this one, you are 100% sure that I won't get an email after cancellation?

About the emails: I'am 100% sure that it is about the "order status notification" since I have customized it :-) I also receive the "payment notification" as an administrator. So I wonder: what is the "Per status override" used for in case of cancellation if no email is sent anyhow?

Nevertheless I hereby send you a screenshot of a cancelled order of today. "Geannuleerd" is Dutch for Cancelled.

Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #324521

Hi,

The "order status notification" email can be sent when an order goes from an order status to "cancelled". For example, if you manually change the status to cancel in the interface and click on the "notify user" checkbox.
So the email can handle all the order statuses, and that's why there is a "per status override" even for the cancelled status.
All I'm saying is that usually payment plugins don't send that email to the customer when the order is cancelled automatically by a payment notification.
Now as you're using a third party payment plugin, you should report the issue to the support of that payment plugin. Maybe they have a setting you can change to avoid that, or maybe they need to do some modification in the plugin.

HikaShop does not come with a Mollie payment plugin. I suppose that you're talking about this plugin:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/153...ie-by-skyspider.html
While it is sold on our marketplace, we are not the developers of that payment plugin, it's the SkySpider development team.
I can't say how that payment plugin behaves regarding the cancel email.
I would assume it doesn't send a notification to the customer, like we do in our payment plugins, but I can't guarantee it.
Now keep in mind that you can:
- purchase it and get a refund our 30 days if it doesn't work for you. So you can easily test it.
- contact the developer and ask them about this detail.
skyspider.com.au/#contact

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds