All I need is....

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 7 months ago #335277

-- url of the page with the problem -- : goerlevmotion.dk

The ability to add a single field containing a customers birthdate AND have that field printed to the order so it arrives in the email for the business to see and use.

Now, I read till my eyes started bleeding on how to do that and it all pointed towards some annual subscription and along the way i read something that implied that the essential version of hikashop would make it possible to add the field and have its input displayed in the email.

However, after deciding to pay 50 EUR every year just for having that one piece of information sent via the shop email on my website, it seems to appear that it wont even cut it, now everything seems to point towards a subscription of twice that cost, to add one field and have its contents printed in the order and confrmation email.

Is that really true?!? How many subscriptions will I end up with before I can have that one feature im asking for?

Please advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 7 months ago #335279

Hello,

The ability to add a single field containing a customers birthdate AND have that field printed to the order so it arrives in the email for the business to see and use.

To do that you have 2 solutions :
1. Create and use a custom field from the "Address" table via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields".

2. Create and use a custom field from the "Order" table via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields" (available through the business edition) and configure it to control in which email it should be displayed.

Is that really true?!? How many subscriptions will I end up with before I can have that one feature im asking for?

HikaShop's editions are not subscriptions but different editions of the component that you can buy with a 1 year free updates, support and web cron service for one website. So you'll be free to use your Hikashop's edition on your website even after 1 year.

Also, if you need the business edition instead of the Essential one, you can always upgrade your Hikashop edition :
www.hikashop.com/index.php/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds