Moneris eSelect Plugin not working?

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 5 months ago #133755

I'm running the latest version of hikashop business and Joomla. I have just about everything looking the way I want now, but can't seem to get my Moneris eSelect plugin to work properly. I have my store ID and API code plugged into the fields in the configuration screen, so not sure what else needs to be configured.

During the checkout process when I choose the pay by CC option, a drop down menu appears (see screen shot) asking for the CC info and clicking Finish doesn't appear to do anything. Should it not take me to my secure hosted pay page instead? Am I missing something?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13100
10 years 5 months ago #133849

You need to fill the input boxes which appear next to the text.
For some reason these fields are not on your screenshot.
So it must be some CSS of your template which remove them probably.
Can you try with another template ?
If that doesn't help, can you provide a link to that page so that we can see that ?

10 years 5 months ago #133963

Hi,

Please go a head and test. I've re-enabled the plugin and have created a test product for you to test here:

www.badassjeeps.com/index.php/products/a...ies/paint-protection

Use that product to add an item to your cart and try checking out.

When you click on the pay by credit card options, the fields show up asking for your CC information. Here is where the process stops and I'm not able to continue.

10 years 5 months ago #133997

Hi,

When I try to register on your checkout, I'm getting the error:
Could not open socket

So I was not able to see that.

It seems that your hosting company is blocking outgoing connections and because of that something on the user registration is refused (like the captcha). I would recommend to contact your hosting to solve that, and provide us a test user account so that we can see your issue with the credit card.

10 years 5 months ago #134214

OK.

I've disabled the ReCaptcha plugin and you should now be able to create an account.

I've also created a test account for you to try:

Username: testaccount
Password: testing123!

Note: You will need to switch the currency to CAD in order to see the Visa option (I haven't setup the USD payment option yet).

Also, is it possible to force the plugin to load the moneris credit card input screen into a new window? As I understand it, even though the user would be connecting to the moneris servers in a secure method, it isn't obvious to the user and I think this would scare off customers.

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by ben_whitney.

10 years 5 months ago #134443

Any luck?

I'd like to get this site operational as soon as possible as I lose potential sales the longer it sits unused. :sick:

I was also looking at the moneris eSelect documentation and then the eselect_lib.php configuration file and I'm not sure, but I think the plugin might be pointing to the wrong file on the moneris server. According to their documentation, we will need to
change the production URL to: www3.moneris.com/HPPDP/index.php . We will also
need to change the ps_store_id and hpp_key to reflect your production store configuration which as I understand it, gets passed over via the configuration screen in Joomla.

Thanks in advance!

10 years 5 months ago #134861

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

10 years 5 months ago #135050

ben_whitney wrote: Any help would be appreciated.

Please and thanks.

10 years 5 months ago #135292

Has anyone else out there got this plugin working? This is frustrating. The whole reason I bought this software to begin with was because it was compatible with the Moneris eSelect system. I tried looking for the Moneris/eSelect documentation, but it isn't listed on the help page, so I'm not sure I even have this configured correctly.

Do I need to use my Store ID with my API or my hpp_key? Is there anything else that needs to be configured in the PHP files? As I mentioned earlier when looking at the eselect_lib.php file, I think that the production URL might be pointing to the wrong location.

If it helps, I also have the API documentation from moneris and can send that to you if need be. I really want to get this solved so I can start using the software.

Thanks,

Ben

• Thank you received: 4006
10 years 5 months ago #136133

Hi,

Regarding the plugin source code and how the plugin react in your website, it looks like the eselect lib does not return any response code.
It means that the curl call made by the library does not success.

In the "eselect_lib.php" please replace

$response = curl_exec($ch);
		$error = curl_errno($ch);
		$err_msg = curl_error($ch);
By
		$response = curl_exec($ch);
		$error = curl_errno($ch);
		$err_msg = curl_error($ch);

if( $error !== CURLE_OK ) {
 $app = JFactory::getApplication();
 $app->enqueMessage('eSelect error: ' . $err_msg, 'error');
}
It will display the curl error directly in your web page.
At this moment, you will know (more) why your server can't communicate with eSelect.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 5 months ago #136362

Hi Jerome,

I changed the code in the eselect_lib.php file as you suggested, but my page still does not throw an error message. I checked my server PHP settings and Curl is enabled. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ben

10 years 5 months ago #136363

I tried turning on Debug mode within Joomla and it enabled me to see an error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/brokenp3/public_html/badassjeeps.com/plugins/hikashoppayment/eselect/eselect_lib.php on line 125

10 years 4 months ago #137428

I'm still stuck. Any other ideas?

10 years 4 months ago #139233

I've had to disable the Moneris plugin. I can't get it working properly. I really need help on this. The ability to use the Moneris API was the only reason I bought this software. If I didn't have over 600 products in my DB, I'd switch back to Virtuemart and would call it done.

I'm just not sure if I am missing something in my setup. Perhaps I need an SSL certificate?

10 years 4 months ago #139235

Hi,

Without the error message returned by the code

if( $error !== CURLE_OK ) {
 $app = JFactory::getApplication();
 $app->enqueMessage('eSelect error: ' . $err_msg, 'error');
}
we can't provide you any other information.
If we can't have the details of the problem, we can't tell you why your can't connect to the payment platform.

You do not need a SSL certificate, you need to create a connection with the payment platform using CURL.

Please use the code to get the error details.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 4 months ago #139906

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for getting back to me. As per my previous post I wasn't able to get a CURL message to display. Does it typically dump the error message to a log file or is it supposed to be seen directly on the web page itself? I've edited the source code as per your instructions but have cannot see any error messages.

Any ideas?

10 years 3 months ago #141081

Hi,

In a previous post, you had a "T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING", so my latest post includes the modification to not have such error.
Did you try the exact code of my previous code ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 1 month ago #149278

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for getting back to me. I haven't given up on this payment issue yet!

I changed the php code as you suggested.

I also recently upgraded the server to a dedicated IP and with an SSL certificate. I know it is not needed, but wanted the added security.

I decided to delete all payment methods and start over. After creating a new payment method payment method in the system (moneris eselect plugin) I tested by proceeding through the checkout process.

Now I get an error saying no payment method found. I'm not sure how to proceed. I doesn't recognize the plugin and won't let me move forward.

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by ben_whitney.

10 years 1 month ago #149780

Hi,

This means that you have some configuration issue. We actually have a list of all the different possibilities which can lead to such issue on the checkout available in our FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...on/106-faq.html#paym
Could you check each point ?

10 years 1 month ago #149879

Thanks Nicolas,

I'll go through each of the points below and will get back to you.

1) Check that the payments plugins are installed and published
2) Check that you have configured your payment plugins (edit it and save its configuration)
3) Check that your template is able to display error messages: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/61.html
4) Check that you have the payment view in the checkout workflow option of the configuration 5) If you restricted your payment methods to zones, check that the address you're using is inside those zones ! Otherwise the payment methods will be filtered out.
6) Check that the currency you're using is supported by the payment plugins you're using. Some payment plugins only supports a limited number of currencies. You should check that with the support of the payment gateways you're using.
7) Please make sure that you didn't change the currency code of your currency. Otherwise, the payment plugins won't recognize your currency. If you want to change the display of your currency, we invite you to use the "format" option on the right of the currency options screen as well as the symbol field.
8) When you select a currency or a shipping method in the options of the payment method, the payment method won't display unless that currency or shipping method is selected during the checkout. In most cases, these parameters shouldn't be selected so make sure they are unselected. To unselect them, you need to press the ctrl key and click on the selected currencies or shipping methods.
9) It can happen that the plugin's access is not set properly in the database. Please go in the Joomla plugins manager and edit the plugin and save it. That will sett the access if not present and might help solve your problem.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds