Paypal Cancel still creates order

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #201281

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 37.0.2 and others

I am using HikaShop Paypal payment plugin. When we go to Payment at Paypal and click the "Cancel and return to Grazing Green Coats, LLc". We return to our website with an empty shopping cart and an order is created. It should not be creating an order when we cancel out of payment. Why is it still creating an order when we cancel payment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #201296

Hi,

It's not really like that.
The order is created before than the customer is redirected to Paypal ; because paypal need some information from the order to be able to process the payment (like an order number).
So HikaShop have to create the order before, and that's why the order is already created and that's why if you cancel in paypal, the order can't be really cancel because it has already there.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 7 months ago #212197

question

Cancel PayPal Payment process

If customer cancel Pay process in PayPal => Hika order have Status Open or Cancel but customer can`t not pay not again with PayPal or all Payment process.

Is there a possibility that the customer can pay again? (the same Order)

• Thank you received: 13064
8 years 7 months ago #212202

Hi,

Yes. You can create a menu item of the type "hikashop order listing" via the Joomla menu manager so that the customers will be able to access their orders. Then, you can configure the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" and "Unpaid order statuses" settings of the HikaShop configuration in order to display a pay button for orders not paid yet by the customer.

The following user(s) said Thank You: magicskater

8 years 7 months ago #212238

Thanks for your Information.
I think I have done something wrong.

Still tha same problem, If customer cancel order in PayPal => There is no button for pay again.

....mhhhh...

Customer have access to " View your orders"
Inside i have mayn orders State: "confirmed" and also "open " => if i select open => no Pay Button display...

But i have in Hikashop- configuration - order =>Payment of orders not paid immediately => NO

Would it be possible to be described in more detail, maybe step by Step...
Maybe more user have the same Problem with PayPal.

that would be extremely nice :-)

Thanks
Fabian

8 years 7 months ago #212241

Hi,

All you're describing is normal.

If you click on cancel on the PayPal payment page, that will cancel the order. That's normal since you clicked on cancel...
You'll then be redirected back to the checkout with your cart in order to select another payment method and will be able to pay again.

The pay button will only display if the status of the order is among the ones selected in the "Unpaid order statuses" setting and that the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" setting is activated, as explained in my previous message.
Since you didn't activate that setting it's normal that you don't see the button.

The following user(s) said Thank You: magicskater

8 years 7 months ago #212270

Perfect now works! Button is visible. :-)

But there is a smale problem with payment.

Example:
If the customer wants to pay the first time order is a payment filter active => PayPal and Bank...... perfect and is good!
just as it should be.

But if the customer goes into his account and wants to pay the same order ( befor cancel this order in payPal) then the customer can choose all payments ( PayPal; Bank, Bill, etc....)

If i select the same Payment => customer can`t choise from PayPal and Bank. ( 2 Payment)
Maybe customer have Problem with PayPal and will pay now from Bank account. => not possible

Is there no the same payment filter active?

Thanks for your Feedback ?

Br.

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by magicskater.

8 years 7 months ago #212289

Hi,

There should.
How did you configure your different payment methods ?

8 years 7 months ago #212296

Zones Groupe:
Name "Zone EUR" : Germany, France, Spain, Italia, Netherlands etc.
Name "Zone CHF" : Switzerland, Lichtenstein
Name "Zone USD" : USA, Japan, Canada

In Plugin: Name PayPal EUR => Restrictions => Zone => Select "Zone EUR" => Currency EUR & EUR
In Plugin: Name PayPal CHF => Restrictions => Zone => Select "Zone CHF" => Currency EUR & CHF
In Plugin: Name PayPal USD => Restrictions => Zone => Select "Zone USD" => Currency USD

and also

In Plugin: "Bank " Restrictions => Zone => Select "Zone CHF" & "Zone EUR"
In Plugin: "UBS Paymit " Restrictions => => Zone => Select "Zone CHF" and Currency => CHF

First Payment => Restrictions works fine => Countries
Example:
Customer from France pay in EUR > Payment Plugin: PayPal EUR and Bank activ (Perfect), if customer cancel on PayPal the Payment order => Order is open in customer menu

If the customer pay 2nd time (befor cancel order) the same order > he can select all Payment => PayPal EUR, PayPal CHF, PayPal USD, Bank, UBS Paymit

Why can not he choose the same payment as the first time?

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by magicskater.

8 years 7 months ago #212315

Hi,

Thank you for your additional information.
There seems indeed that there is an issue.
Try to change the code:

JPluginHelper::importPlugin( 'hikashoppayment' );
			$dispatcher = JDispatcher::getInstance();
			$usable_methods = null;
			$class = hikashop_get('class.order');
			$this->order = $class->loadFullOrder($this->order->order_id,true);
			$dispatcher->trigger( 'onPaymentDisplay', array( &$this->order, &$this->methods[$this->type][(string)@$this->order->order_id], &$usable_methods ) );
			if(!empty($usable_methods)){
				ksort($usable_methods);
			}
to:
			$paymentClass = hikashop_get('class.payment');
			$usable_methods = $paymentClass->getPayments($this->order,true);
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/plugins.php
That should hopefully fix the problem.
Let us know how it goes so that we can include the fix for the next release of HikaShop.

8 years 7 months ago #212359

Thanks for your Help,

Works not!
If you cancel first order on PayPal=> PayPal will back, bit on HikaShop => White Screen...

Can you Check your Code again?
Maybe problem with { }

Thanks

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 7 months ago #212645

Hello,
What do you exactly mean by "bit on HikaShop => White Screen..." ?
If you are having a blank page, can you :
- Activate the Joomla debug mode ("Administration->Global configuration->System->Debug System/Language")
- Set the "error reporting" option of the Joomla configuration to "maximum"
- Test it again so that you can see if it display an error message which will help you to understand from what your issue is coming.

8 years 7 months ago #212758

Thanks for your Feedback,

If i change this Code to:

$paymentClass = hikashop_get('class.payment');
$usable_methods = $paymentClass->getPayments($this->order,true);

I safe this code and make a Order with PayPal.

On PayPal site => i cancel this order now => PayPal send me back to HikaShop ( my Homepage) => but on me hikashop is than a white screen.

If i safe the old HTML code, than works but with the same.

Is this Code "to:" correct or have a error inside?

Thanks for your Feedback

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 7 months ago #212820

Hi,

A white screen is generally a PHP fatal error.
In that case you should take a look at your PHP error log (or activate the display of the PHP errors in your Global Joomla configuration).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 3
8 years 1 month ago #231789

I have run into a similar problem. But, I am hoping it is not as big a problem as I am thinking. This is the situation:

1. Customer places an order using PayPal.
2. The order is created in Hikashop and the customer is sent to PayPal to complete the order.
3. Instead of completing the order, the customers drops out. They do not cancel the transaction. THey simply close the browser.
4. The order remains in the order section of Hikashop. Unless the merchant matches up all orders with the PayPal receipts, the customer will receive the order without paying. Is this correct??

8 years 1 month ago #231814

Hi,

That's not correct.
You need to look at the status of the orders.
After the payment, PayPal sends to HikaShop an IPN request so that HikaShop then changes the status of the order to "confirmed".
So only confirmed orders should be taken into account and you'll be sure that the orders you're processing have been paid.

If your orders are not confirmed, it means that there is a problem. We have a FAQ in that case in order to indentify the source of the problem:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

8 years 1 month ago #231878

For some reason, it does not work the way you describe it. I just did a test order and closed the paypal window without completing the order or cancelling it. The order was marked as "confirmed". But, as you have described, the order should have been marked "incomplete". I am sending you a screenshot of the Paypal settings that confirms this. The "Return Method" is set to "Yes". Is that the correct setting?

I just ran another test order on a different website with the same result. The other thing I noticed is the confirmation email is being sent prior to the person being sent to the paypal page. The email confirmation should not be sent until the order is completed beyond the Paypal page. If an email confirmation is sent prior to the completion of the order, that is incorrect. There needs to be a check in the PHP code such that if it is a Paypal order, the confirmation email is not sent until the "confirmed" order is returned from Paypal.

I have unpublished the Paypal payment method on the website until we can get this figured out. So, I cannot ask you to test it on one of our sites. But, it should work the same way if you test it on one of your test sites. But, as I said, I just ran a test order and the setting appears to immediately be set to "confirmed" when the visitor is taken to the Paypal page.

Attachments:

8 years 1 month ago #231902

Hi,

Of course, we don't have the problem on our end.
Orders are created with the status "created" before the payment.
And after the payment, when PayPal notifies the website of the payment, the payment plugin changes the order status to "confirmed".
HikaShop and the PayPal plugin have always worked like that. And they work like that on our own website too.

If the order is with the "confirmed" status even though the payment hasn't been made, it's probably that you changed the "Default order status" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "confirmed" instead of "created", or that you have a mass action configured which automatically confirms the orders when they are created, or that there is a third party plugin messing with the order statuses.

8 years 1 month ago #232016

You are correct. The order status was set to "confirmed" on order. That has been corrected.

Now can we address the email being sent prior to the response back from Paypal? There should not be an email sent if the visitor does not complete the order.

8 years 1 month ago #232019

Hi,

Simply disable the "order creation notification" email via the menu System>Emails. That's the email that is sent to the user when the order is created.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds