Paypal Cancel still creates order

• Thank you received: 3
8 years 1 month ago #232065

Thank you. I have unpublished this email. Will the customer receive any sort of email notification when an order is placed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 1 month ago #232074

Hi,

They do.
When the PayPal plugin receives the payment notification from PayPal, it will change the status of the order to "confirmed". At that point, HikaShop sends the "order status notification" email to the customer to notify him that his order has been confirmed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tbroderick

8 years 1 month ago #232146

BRILLIANT!!

8 years 1 month ago #232154

It is not working yet. When I place an order, it sets the order as "created" and opens the PayPal window. After a successful transaction, Paypal returns me to the Hikashop /step-2 page and the customer is sent a confirmation e-mail. But, the order is not changed to "confirmed". So, at this point, the merchant does not know if the order was approved or not. How do I get the order status to change to "confirmed"? Paypal does not not appear to be doing this automatically.

8 years 1 month ago #232160

Also, the customer is not sent an email despite being directed to the Hikashop /step-2 confirmation page. This makes sense because the order status has not been changed to "confirmed" by the PayPal plugin. I am using the latest version of HikaShop Business 2.6.1 [1601151030]

8 years 1 month ago #232161

Hi,

Are you sure that you're receiving the "order status notification" email and not another email ?
Because the order status notification email won't be sent if the status is changed.
So for me, you're mistaking the email you're receiving which is either the "order creation notification" (sent to the customer when the order is created), or the "order admin notification" (sent to the admin when the order is created). And so, your problem is that the paypal plugin doesn't receive the payment notifications and thus you should follow this documentation link I already gave you:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 5 months ago #325220

Hi,

i place a question in this post...
In checkout I placed a page with term&condtions flag and a warning message " pressing "next" the order will be created". The payment page is after this page. So in my idea the order is created after the acceptance of terms... But, if the customer then select paypal and press cancel the order is cancelled. There is a way to keep the order in "created" status even when the customer press cancel in Paypal page? Or to create the order before the payment page? I searched for an answer into the forum but didn't find a clear answer.
I found a method to return to checkout page, but not to keep alive the order and leave the choice to customer to choose the payment method in a second moment...

Thank you,

Danilo

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Baracus.

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 5 months ago #325243

Hello,

One solution, it's directly in your payment plugin paypal to define your required order status, like show in my screenshot :

In your Specific Configuration you have (for most of your payment plugins) some dropdowns to define which order status is mute from each kind of payment platform returns.

Note : Define on Invalid status "created" means that like you wished it, keep your order created if your customer cancel the command BUT that means too, if there some issue while payment your order will stay created (but without payment) and so take care to have on verified status something different or managing order will be complicated.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Philip.

3 years 5 months ago #325335

Thank you so much, but in my case it appear to do nothing. If I set "invalid Status" as confirmed, shipped, or created... the order is always cancelled. This is very strange, because it seems that the setting have no effect...
Could you help me?

3 years 5 months ago #325357

hello,

Your return is quite strange, while watching Paypal code, I'm unable to understand how it's possible...
Can you provide this elements :
- Paypal settings screenshot.
- Active the debug mode in order to get clues in payment log .
=> Provide the log file via our Contact us form.

Note : Don't forget to provide in your message an Url link to this topic.
Awaiting news from you to progress on your subject.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baracus

3 years 5 months ago #325392

Dear Sirs,

I attached the setting for paypal plugin, and the screen result for the customer: the shopping cart become empty, but in "view orders" the order is Cancelled.
I also sent you the payment log for this transaction.

Thnak you,

Danilo

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Baracus.

3 years 5 months ago #325396

Hello,

We have received your elements, and it seems that for a reason or another you didn't received notification from Payapl server OR you don't send us the whole log file.

Send us some backend references (with full access), we don't see anymore other solutions.
Regards

3 years 5 months ago #325427

Ok, thanks.

I sent you user and password to access to backend.

Thanks a lot!

Danilo

3 years 5 months ago #325431

Hi,

I think Philippe think that you're talking about the status of the order after an invalid payment is made.
But reading your messages, it seems to me that you're talking about the status of the order after the customer presses on the "cancel and return to the shop" button of the paypal payment page, before doing any payment attempt.
In that case, the status of the order is the one activated under the "cancelled" column of the System>Order statuses menu.
You could deactivate the statuses enabled there and activate only the created status. Then, the orders should stay created when coming back from PayPal before a payment attempt.
But beware that if you have stock on your products and you want the stock to decrement when products are bought, you might have some issues like stock not returning if you manually cancel or refund an order in the backend (but you might not need that ?).

3 years 5 months ago #325503

Hi, yes, you're right. My intention was to have the order still "created" also when a customer pressed "cancel and return to shop page" in the paypal screen.
Then the customer could choose another payment method or write to shop admin and ask to cancel order.

I will try with your indications. Thank you so much!

Danilo

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds