Address not transferred to Hikashop (paypal plugin)

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 10 months ago #269784

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30

Hey,

In my paypal plugin configuration, the option "overwrite address" is set to "YES", and "no shipping" is set to "Required". However, the address (both billing and shipping) is not transferred to paypal during checkout.

After the paypal-Login you only see the address you have stored directly in your paypal account, but not the one you have just entered in Hikashop checkout. And if you need to create a completely new paypal account, the registration fields are empty at all.

How to solve this?

Thank you,
Christoph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 10 months ago #269791

Hi,

The settings you're talking about are not the one controlling the sending of the address of the customer.
It's the setting "customer address". You need to set it to "billing address" or "shipping address".

6 years 10 months ago #269991

Hi, thanks for your message.

I tried both, costumer and shipping address, but without any effect. (I even cleaned cache and tried again)

The problem is still the same: After the paypal-Login you only see the address you have stored directly in your paypal account, but not the one you have just entered in Hikashop checkout. And if you need to create a completely new paypal account, the registration fields are empty at all.

Could it be a problem caused by paypal?

• Thank you received: 609
6 years 10 months ago #269993

Hello,

I just process some tests and for now, I can't be sure of it, but maybe something have change on Paypal side, because like you described, I can even see customer address (shipping or billing) and with different configuration...

So, maybe if we want go forward contact Paypal support can give some clue, awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Philip.

6 years 10 months ago #270062

Hi there,

it is hard to get help from paypal. After 2 phone calls and 1 mail to the technical support, a paypal call center agent literally told me that their programmers are "sloppy" and that paypal needs usually "very, very long" to solve problems. Wow.

In the meantime, I found some other weird behaviors of paypal. For example, it may happen that paypal keeps charging taxes (during payment on the paypal-site itsself), even when you change the shipping address to a non-tax-state.

Another issue is the shipping costs. Even when the shipping fee is calculated correctly in Hikashop and also transferred correctly to paypal, you get an additional paypal-message after login which says "Shipping - Standard - 0 EUR (see attached image) - and there is definitely no option in paypal´s account settings where you can deactivate it. This is misleading for costumers and doesn´t make a very trustworthy impression of a professional online shop.

To be clear, these issues are NOT hikashop´s fault. At this time, paypal seems to be a complete mess (they even messed up the tech support mail correspondence, but that´s another story).

Anyway, I hope there will be any statement by paypal soon, I will keep you updated about this.
Regards
Christoph

Attachments:

6 years 10 months ago #270087

Hi there,

I finally got an answer of paypal. they still don´t have an solution for the address transfer problem, but they provided me with a solution concering the doubled shipping cost display, which I described in my last post. Their explaination:

The data which is sent from Hikashop to Paypal looks like this:

&test_ipn=0
&shipping=0
&no_shipping=2
&no_note=
&charset=utf-8
&rm=2&bn=HikariSoftware_Cart_WPS
&lc=AT
&item_name_1=Debussy%2c%20Reger%2c%20Sch%c3%b6nberg%2c%20Webern%20%28CD%29
&item_number_1=10%20865&amount_1=14.23&quantity_1=1
&item_name_2=Shipping&amount_2=6
&quantity_2=1&tax_cart=2.02
&paymentaction=authorization
&flow=OneX%3a%3aStandardFlowOneX&return_cmd=_flow-ret&SHIPPING_AND_TAX=1&&PDT=true
&&AutoReturn=true&&wa_type=CartUpload&

This means, that the shipping cost are treated as an additional cart item in Hikashop:
&item_name_2=Shipping&amount_2=6

As the paypal support says, the problem is that the shipping cost has the wrong format in Hikashop. Can that be true? - How to solve this?

Thanks.
christoph

6 years 10 months ago #270091

Hi,

No, they still don't know what they are saying.
The format is not "wrong". It's done like that on purpose because the shipping variable of the PayPal API doesn't allow the plugin to properly transfer the shipping fee.
And in any case, that's not a problem for us, or anyone else using HikaShop, so it can't be coming from that. Everyone would have the problem if that was the case.
No, the problem is with the PayPal account.
The extra taxes and shipping fees are usually added by PayPal due to settings in your PayPal account.
Here is a tutorial on how to configure the taxes and shipping fees on your PayPal account:
westwoodva.com/blog/set-taxes-shipping/
So I would recommend checking on that.

6 years 10 months ago #270155

Hi,

on March 29, 2017, paypal has updated the checkout process, that may cause the problems. Here are the details:

www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/inde...067&viewlocale=en_US

So, what would that mean for Hikashop now?

Thanks

6 years 10 months ago #270164

Hi,

That may indeed cause problems however, if that was the case, other merchants would have had the problem, not just you.

6 years 9 months ago #270451

Sorry, but isn´t that a over-simplified answer? - I mean, what should I do now?- Paypal says, it´s your fault, and you say it´s paypal´s fault.

Considering the fact that paypal has done a few programming changes by the end of march, I think you should at least consider to control if there are any adaptions required in Hikashop to make everything work properly again. The only thing you do is to claim that I am the only one to have this problem - So what? - Maybe I am only the first one to notive that problem. I am a paying customer, so may I please ask for help again? - Thank you!

6 years 9 months ago #270458

Hi,

I already answered you but you ignored my reply:
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...l-plugin.html#270091
There, I told you what you should check precisely with a link which explains where to find the settings in the PayPal merchant interface.
You didn't say anything about that in your previous message but just gave a copy of an answer of PayPal which isn't related to your problem and thus I replied to that answer from PayPal. I didn't say it was PayPal's fault. I said that I think it is a problem of the settings of your PayPal merchant account.

And we did consider PayPal's changes. We actually worked hard on that in April. Here is a thread about that :
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...re.html?limitstart=0
However, the people who had a problem with the changes (a small number compared with all the merchants using the plugin) had an issue because the address they used as a customer was not valid and that they had configured the plugin to send the address to PayPal, and it completely blocked the PayPal payment page. That doesn't sound like what you're describing and I don't see how it could be linked to your issue of having shipping and tax fees added by PayPal on top of the fees you already have.

You're blaming us, but we tried to provide helpful answers while we don't have access to the settings or logs of your PayPal account which would allow us to understand why you have that exactly and to tell you what to do; while PayPal support has access to all of that but only gave you generic answers without really trying to understand your problem. You should be angry towards them, not us.

6 years 9 months ago #270550

Dear Nicolas,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the misunderstanding. Several problems with paypal are getting mixed up here:

1. Address not transferred to paypal: This is still not solved. I tried each und every possible settings combination within Hikashop, but adresses are not transferred to paypal for the checkout process. Paypal answered to this problem, that they did a few changes by the end of March 2017 and that the problem must be on Hikashop´s side. That´s all I know about that.

2. Doubled display of the shipping cost: Yes, you provided me with a link on how to setup taxes and shipping in paypal, but that is not the point of the problem. As paypal described to me, the problem is that Hikashop transfers the calculated shipping costs as "normal" cart items to paypal and not as a specific shipping cost variable. Paypal cannot detect and recognize these costs as shipping costs, that´s why it adds shipping costs again. (In paypal you cannot deactivate the shipping cost, you can only set them to 0). You said it has something to do with the paypal API, and paypal says it has something to do with Hikashop.

So, I don´t have a clue whose fault it is. Maybe it is my webhost?

Sorry again and thanks,
Christoph

6 years 9 months ago #270560

Hi,

Thanks. That's clear now.

The transfer of the address is handled by the setting "Customer address" in the payment method. If that setting is set to "shipping address" or "billing address", the PayPal plugin will send the address of the customer to PayPal. If it's set to no, it won't send it.
The "address override" and "no shipping" settings below allow you to ask PayPal to use that address on the PayPal payment without asking the customer his address again on the PayPal interface or not use the address at all and use instead the address of the user in the PayPal account. If the address used is the one sent by HikaShop, since April, PayPal verifies that the address you send is valid, which wasn't the case before.
So just check these three settings and configure them the way you need it and it should work.
In your case, I think that you want to make sure that "Customer address" is activated and set the "no shipping" to yes so that the shipping address is not asked to the customer during the PayPal payment since you already ask it on your checkout, and that should also remove the shipping cost from PayPal.

Also, as I said before, please check that you didn't configure any shipping cost in your PayPal merchant account. It's possible that the shipping fee of 0 could come from a shipping cost of 0 configured in the merchant account.

6 years 9 months ago #270684

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the answer.

Concering the problem with the doubled shipping cost, it seems to work now. There are no more doubled shipping costs displayed twice. I think the problem was a wrong/right setting and/or a cache problem. Anyway.

The Adresses are still not transferred from Hikashop to Paypal (which is clearly the smaller, but not very user-friendly problem). And I still have no idea what it could be. I tried on several browsers and devices, I tried with different settings and different adresses, but you always have to enter your data again on paypal. Paypal denies to have anything wrong with their checkout page.

(I consider to use paypal express checkout instead of paypal standard, but there again (as far as I have seen in the forum), it is problematic with taxes.)

Maybe some other users are around who have the same problem? - If not, it might stay a mysterious problem within my online shop.

Thanks anyway!

6 years 9 months ago #270691

Hi,

If the setting "Customer address" is activated, HikaShop sends the customer address. There is no way around that.
So that means that PayPal is not using it even though the data is here.
We can't help with that unfortunately.
It actually doesn't matter much since you already have the address on your website in the order and that's what is useful normally. Some payment gateways even don't have any possibility to send them the address data since it's normally not useful. It can be used in some cases for Fraud detection, but that's about it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrisomio

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #279844

I had this problem too. At first PayPal wasn't accepting the address for shipping. I had the "Customer Address" set to Billing Address. But that doesn't work because PayPal does not allow shop owners to see a customer's billing address, so the shipping address will show up empty. I set "Customer Address" to Shipping Address, which makes more sense anyway, and that worked.

However I was now getting an extra shipping charge when I was already charging for shipping on the website. The solution was to remove all shipping options from my PayPal account. Under "Profile and Settings" go to "My Selling Tools" and "Shipping Calculations". Remove any shipping calculations here.

I had added USPS Standard Domestic because that was how I was going to ship. But this told PayPal to add a shipping cost because it did not receive a shipping cost from HikaShop. The shipping cost in HikaShop comes through to PayPal as another item purchased, not as a shipping fee. So if I purchases one item from my website, which includes shipping, PayPal sees that as I purchased TWO items, and tallies a shipping fee for two items.

I only added this to try to help explain the solution for others with this problem, and there are others with this problem. Hope this helps.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 19 hours ago #305190

We are having the same problem with the address. It does come with a larger problem than mentioned here. If the address does NOT transfer to paypal(and it does not), then paypal offers no seller protection for that transaction. Meaning if the customer claims fraud, you have no recourse since an address was not verified. I just learned this yesterday for 9 transactions we lost all $$. Older topic but wondering if a change has been made the past year. I did originally have it NOT to send an address but even changing the settings to billing still fails.

Last edit: 5 years 19 hours ago by walttools.

5 years 4 hours ago #305212

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. As I said in my message www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...l-plugin.html#270560 we do have settings in the PayPal payment plugin to have it send the user address to PayPal.
Did you check these settings ?

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 10 months ago #306638

Let me know the format of the data sent to moneybookers by the moneybookers plugin.

I thought to ask here because it is very related.

Thanks.

4 years 10 months ago #306639

Hi,

After you click on the "finish" button of the checkout, you see briefly a page with a text "please wait before redirection to moneybookers etc".
On that page, click on the "stop" button of your browser to stop the redirection. Then, with the developer tools of your browser, look at the HTML around that text and you'll see a form with all the variables sent by the payment plugin to the payment gateway. That goes for moneybookers but it's the same for most payment gateways, including PayPal standard.
I think it's the best if you want to see what is sent to your payment gateway.
Here is for example a test I made like that with the PayPal plugin on a local test website:
monosnap.com/file/edlZUjXLeFfYijF4MPtujcudAYsAGs

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds