Contact Link for Price on Request.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 6 months ago #299046

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 69.0.3497.100

Hello Team,
Thanks You for HIKASHOP it is very nice.

I use HikaShop Starter.
I have articles that have "price on request", with the button "add to cart".
When the customer orders his bill to 0 in total, it's normal, okay.

But at what point in the ordering process can he contact me?
How to insert the link "contact us" or where to insert it?
Since the customer must contact for more information about the price.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 6 months ago #299064

Hello,

Maybe, I have an easier solution without code customization (on core file html & php), follow my step by step :

First in Main HikaShop Configuration :
=> In Main tab, and Product part, define "Display 'add to cart' button for free products" on No
=> In Display tab, in Product options part, "Display a contact button on the product page" define For all products.

Second step, add some custom css code on your frontend file css (see this tutorial to see how to process)

div.hikashop_product_page #hikashop_product_contact_main {
    display: none;
}

The point of this css is to don't display your Contact button on all product page, except on the required product page, that's will be manage with this following code :
div#hikashop_product_PRODUCT_NAME_page #hikashop_product_contact_main {
    display: block;
}

Note than you can as well modify your language file to have a better translation than "Contact us for more information", see this tutorial .

Hope this will fit your needs
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Philip.

5 years 6 months ago #299316

Thank you very much but I use HIKASHOP STARTER.
I have to update to HIKASHOP ESSENTIAL?

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 6 months ago #299319

Hi,

The contact button on the product page (which doesn't require adding the product to the cart) is indeed something only available with HikaShop Essential or Business.

However, if you want the customer to contact you about the price of a whole cart with several products, then there is two scenarios:
- you don't need customers to pay through the checkout and thus, you can use the checkout workflow of the HikaShop configuration so that the customer only has to enter his email address. At the end of the checkout, an order will be created and the administrator will receive the order admin notification email, at which point he can do his thing and reply back to the customer with the price point etc.
- you do need customers to be able to pay for some of their carts through the checkout. In that case, you could create several payment methods, one for the payments, and one for the contact with a -100% perentage in it so that it would remove all the prices in the cart so that the customers selecting that payment method could get an answer from you instead of paying something. And you can use the "text" view in your checkout workflow to add explanations during the checkout in order to make it clear for your customers.

Both should be possible even with the Starter edition. However, it will be better with the Essential edition (to allow guest checkout, without the need to create a user account) or the Business edition (to be able to add custom fields like a text area so that the customer can enter some text with his request).

5 years 5 months ago #299360

Thank you for all these explanations, I will assimilate all that.

I do not close this post yet because I have to experiment with your solutions and report the result. I made two eccommerce site including one on Hikashop Starter.
That's why I'm also going to pay for the essential version to consider more options for the second shop.

Thank you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds