Paypal Pro and Paypal Customer Notification issue

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309164

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hello, my site uses Paypal Pro to accept credit cards right at the checkout page. When the customer completes the order he gets one email - This is the "Order Creation Notification." The order comes through directly as confirmed and there is no "Order Status Notification" email, which is good, because I only want the customer to get one confirmation email.

I now need to setup regular PayPal on the site. So I set the PayPal payment method and it seems to work however the customer gets an "Order Creation Notification" before he has completed his PayPal payment. This of course is confusing because the customer sees a "confirmation" email before he has paid and then he does not continue to actually pay.. this has happened several times now. When he does pay, he does get the second "Order Status Notification" email.

The issue here is that I want the paypal customer to only get one confirmation email only after he has paid. Other threads have suggested to disable the "Order Creation Notification" however in my case, doing that removes any notification for customers paying via Paypal Pro / CC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 8 months ago #309165

Hi,

You can modify a bit the order creation notification email to only send it for "paypalpro" :
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/879736-o...on-email.html#216914

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309198

Thanks Nicolas, so just add the code:

<?php if( $data->order_payment_method != "banktransfer" ){ return; } ?>

to the top of the HTML for the Order Creation notification? In your example you use "banktransfer," how do I know what to name mine? I named the payment method "credit card payment" but the actual type is "HikaShop PayPal Pro payment plugin" do i just remove the spaces for one of them?

Thanks,

Matt

4 years 8 months ago #309199

Hi,

You should replace "banktransfer" by "paypalpro". That's why I wrote it like that in my previous message.
That's the name of the folder in the plugins/hikashoppayment/ folder of your website.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #309278

Hey Nicolas, I tried this but I am still getting the order creation notification when using paypal. The email is also now blank except for a header image.

Matt

4 years 7 months ago #309279

Hi,

Then change that line to:
<?php if( $data->order_payment_method != "banktransfer" ){ $mail->published = false; return; } ?>

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds