• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332882

-- url of the page with the problem -- : imbalicrafts.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google chrome 90.0.4430.212

Hi,

I have recently set up my new website and am currently using hikashop starter (I plan to upgrade if I can get it to work). I have set up both express paypal and paypal plugin and entered API details. I get this error message when the express paypal plugin is published:

Connection failure - error code : 10002 , error message : Security header is not valid

And when only the paypal plugin is published, the sale goes through, but the purchase is not confirmed by paypal and I manually have to set the sale from 'created' to 'completed' in the backend.

so in a nutshell:
- error 10002 from paypal if express plugin is published
- paypal does not 'confirm' purchase automatically I have to do it manually when paypal plugin only is published.
- how do I skip registration of address etc... please to go straight to paypal? I don't want any customer details on my website.

Sorry if this is all an easy fix, I have been out of the loop with Joomla for a good number of years so I am really not that clued up with things until I get a bit more time to familiarise myself with things again. I apologise in advance if this is just a few simple settings. I have googled first but couldn't come up with anything that helps me. Oh and it's a live site and not a sand box environment. Any help appreciated Thanks in advance!
Nadja

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13065
2 years 10 months ago #332897

Hi,

1. That

Connection failure - error code : 10002 , error message : Security header is not valid

indicates a problem with the credentials that you configured in the PayPal express payment method. As written on this link
support.picnet.net/hc/en-us/articles/114...ters%20are%20removed .

it can mean one of two things:

- Your credentials are not correct. Try re-entering your API username, password and signature and make sure any spaces or extra characters are removed.
- Your account live/test mode does not match the form live/test mode. Check in PayPal to make sure your account is in Live mode and make sure your Soapbox forms match (test forms with Sandbox account credentials, live forms with live account credentials).

2. Orders not being confirmed automatically after the payment can come from many things. Here is a documentation we've written about this, specifically for PayPal:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
So please follow it and you should be able to find what's wrong.

3. If you don't want any user information, then you can remove the "login" and "address" views from your checkout workflow, under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332910

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! I will go through all the documentation you have provided and hopefully will be able to sort everything out.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332936

I can't figure out what I need to do with the express plugin. I don't know how to create an API that works in paypal. I thought the one I got was provided by paypal.
I have unpublished the express plugin and changed the workflow to remove customer login. Everything appears to be working but when a customer checks out to be redirected to paypal the error message I get is

'Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.'

Encrypted payments are set to 'off' in paypal. I am not sure what I need to do. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by nadjashields.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 10 months ago #332954

Hello,

This kind of error generally occurs when payment methods are not properly configured, can you show us screenshots of how you configured your:
- Payment plugin via "Hikashop->System->Payment plugins"
- Checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout workflow"

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332968

I managed to fix the 'Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.'
error and want to post my solution in case someone else runs into this issue. I have several email addresses associated with my paypal account and use one particular one all the time so it was the one I used to populate the plugin with. The problem was that this email address may be registered with paypal but it is not the primary email address. Only the email address used as the default email in paypal will allow the transaction to go through.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #333013

Hi Mohammed, sorry I missed this reply!
You were right of course. I had the 'Enable validation mode' set to yes in the paypal plugin. Finally fixed all the errors except for error code 10002, but I have just disabled express checkout for now. So the shop is up and running. Thanks for all of your responses and trying to get this sorted for me, it's much appreciated.
Nadja

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by nadjashields.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds