Hikashop and Artisteer vMenu

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #60770

Hi,

I'm trying to get an Artisteer generated template to work with the Hikashop Content Module but have difficulties to get it to work correctly. I'm able to correctly apply the .art-vmenu class to a one-level menu, but upon changing the Content Module's 'Show Subcategories'-setting to something else than 'No Child', the layout breaks. I tried several solutions, like the one found here , but can't seem to get this to work ok.

When I manually create a menu and add a module for it with the mentioned style applied to it, everything works just fine.

Firebug shows that for the Non-'No Child' top-level items an H3 element is added before the UL, which is the element that has the class applied to it. In a handmade default Joomla menu however, child levels are nested UL's inside parent UL elements.

Would it be possible for the Hikashop Content Module to output a multi-level list in the same way a Joomla Menu Module does?

Thanks in advance,
MF

I'm using Joomla 2.5.6 and Hikashop 1.5.8

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by many-feathers. Reason: versions added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 8 months ago #60835

Hi many-feathers,

Try to configure you category listing module like that:

It would be displayed with your Artisteer template style.
Don't forget to assign the module to a category listing menu.

Attachments:

11 years 8 months ago #60860

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Actually, I've got the Module configured exactly as you set it up in the screenshot. The only thing I added here is the ' art-vmenu' (with space) value in de UL class name, which does apply part of the style, but only to the subitems and not to the main items (probably because the module outputs them as H3 in stead of UL > LI items as I stated in my original post).

Something caught my eye though... I don't have any 'Inherit' setting in my module settings screen. Is it possible that my modules haven't been updated to the latest version? Or is there a global setting that makes these choices show up?

Thanks for your help!
MF

11 years 8 months ago #60873

And can't you apply the same theme as LI on H3 ?

For example edit the class:

.art-box-body h3{
	//same style as ul
}

The "inherit" options are only available since HikaShop 1.5.9.

11 years 8 months ago #60880

Well, it's not really a matter of not being able to...
I guess I could rewrite the template CSS and see if I can get it to work, but since Artisteer creates a template that's working perfectly with 'normal' Joomla menu modules, I was wondering why Hikashop chooses to output the data in this non-standard way. Also, when I start making manual changes to the template I'll probably run into trouble when I want to update the template in the future...

Right now, to make this work, the only options I have is rewrite the CSS myself (not only for the H3 items in my 2-level menu, but also for Hika's LI items, which in a normal 2-level Joomla menu are sublist items, not just LI items) or creating a menu manually, which is a lot of work to set up for a site with 100 categories in 3 levels (not to mention the maintenance of that menu when Hika-categories are moved around a lot...).

7 months ago I talked about this issue ( in another context ) with Nicolas and he mentioned the module is also limited to a 2-level output. He stated that making it a real multilevel-list-outputting-module was on the todo list?

I for one (and I'm sure more Hikashop customers) would be delighted to have this 'fixed'! :)

Thanks again!
MF

11 years 8 months ago #60974

Hi many-feathers,

We were working on many other functionalities.
They were more asked than the multilevel-list-outputting-module, that's why we develop them in priority.

The multilevel list is still on our TODO list, and we will make it as soon as possible.

11 years 8 months ago #61042

Great to hear that! Any idea on when this could be ready?

Just to know if I should wait with setting up a menu manually... :)

Thanks for all the great work you're doing!

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 8 months ago #61104

A more than 2 levels menu is not a priority for us for now.
There are now alternatives for that and we have lot of other stuff in the todo list which are important.
MaxiMenu CK allows you to display a menu of categories with as many levels as you want:
www.joomlack.fr/en/Joomla-extensions/Men...ximenu-hikashop.html
Also, that module can display multi levels hikashop categories:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...hop-extensions/21225

11 years 8 months ago #61144

Thank you for pointing out the alternatives. I didn't know them, which might have something to do with the fact that I never searched for non-free alternative menu systems, since Hikashop has it's own menu module which we paid for (happily running Hikashop Business on 2 sites now...)

Anyway, I really hope you find the time to improve this one day soon. :)

Thanks
MF

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds