How to make category listing transparent?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #65693

Hi, I'm desperately trying to make both my product listing and category listings have a transparent background and can't find a way to do it... Can anybody help please? I have tried editing the options from the module, but think it may need doing in CSS, I don't have a clue which file I would need to edit or what to put?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

www.whatsonforme.org.uk

Thanks!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #65699

olioneill wrote: Hi, I'm desperately trying to make both my product listing and category listings have a transparent background and can't find a way to do it... Can anybody help please? I have tried editing the options from the module, but think it may need doing in CSS, I don't have a clue which file I would need to edit or what to put?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

www.whatsonforme.org.uk

Thanks!!!!

Hi I've made my categories and products transparent by going to... > hikashop > display and in menu content (2nd choice) you will have to change in every menu you created the background color of box. You must leave this field empty.
The same thing you will have to do with the 3rd choice (modules) under display tab. Change every background of all modules and all Associated products listing for category listing menu items. Go inside all of them and change the backround color. Leave it blank.
Don't forget to do that first in the main menu System > Configuration > display > options for DIV'S
I don't know if that helps.
Try it.

11 years 7 months ago #65711

Hi Kooky,

Thanks for your message.. I've changed them all but it hasn't made a difference :(.
If I right click in Chrome and "Inspect Element" I can see the DIV tag for each part, I wonder if it could be as simple as changing each part of the table to transparent? But I don't know which CSS file it is stored in!

11 years 7 months ago #65715

olioneill wrote: Hi Kooky,

Thanks for your message.. I've changed them all but it hasn't made a difference :(.
If I right click in Chrome and "Inspect Element" I can see the DIV tag for each part, I wonder if it could be as simple as changing each part of the table to transparent? But I don't know which CSS file it is stored in!

So you changed all of them and made them as the attachment shows and you saw no difference?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 7 months ago #65902

Hi,

You can simply add that CSS in the front end CSS file of HikaShop via the Display tab of the configuration and that will remove all the backgrounds of listings:
div.hikashop_subcontainer {
background: none !important;
}

11 years 7 months ago #65913

Thanks Nicolas, can you please confirm which CSS file I need to add it to?

11 years 7 months ago #65914

Yes it looks the same as that, but no luck :(

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 7 months ago #66059

I don't see that CSS code on your website.
Please make sure that you add that CSS in the front end CSS file of HikaShop via the Display tab of the configuration and that the "custom" file is selected and saved for that option.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds