Error message in Hikashop dashboard

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #199013

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.giofoto.it
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.35
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Crome last version
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 1104 The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay SQL=SELECT *, SUM(order_product_quantity) as Total FROM joom3_hikashop_order as a LEFT JOIN joom3_hikashop_order_product as prod ON a.order_id=prod.order_id LEFT JOIN joom3_hikashop_product AS p ON p.product_id=prod.product_id LEFT JOIN joom3_hikashop_product_category as cat ON cat.product_id=p.product_id OR cat.product_id=p.product_parent_id LEFT JOIN joom3_hikashop_category as c ON cat.category_id=c.category_id WHERE a.order_created > 1428935141 AND a.order_created

Good morning, after changing the hosting service by clicking on components and Hikashop, when I should view the dashboard with statistics and different, it gives me this message. The problem seems to be a limit of db, who tell me that they can not change, there is a system to get around this limit?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #199016

Hi,

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

As the message explained, the issue is related to the Database configuration which is too restrictive for needs of your widget.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 6 months ago #298226

Hello,

sorry for opening this old thread but is there a solution to this problem? The same problem with the search plugin could be fixed with $db->setQuery('SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1'); as described here:

www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/53049-co...ch-plugin.html#58420

Where do I need to put this code to fix the dashboard?

Thank you for your help!

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 6 months ago #298254

Hello,

You file find this in the hikashop_products.php file in your folder YourWebsite\plugins\search\hikashop_products and around line 182 :

But not really sure that can solve your issue, but you can try this, but if that don't works, we advice you to come back with more details like HikaShop versions, where do you see the error message, and any elements that can help us to better understand situation.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Philip.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316285

Hi,

I have the same error message when accessing the hikashop dashboard:

tweedehandjes.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop

1104 The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Could you please help me to fix this?

I am using HikaShop Business: 4.2.2

Kind regards,
Joyce

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 3 weeks ago #316288

Hi,

This error appears because some of the queries on that page require a lot of joins, more than your server configuration allows for.
To fix this, you need to increase the value of MAX_JOIN_SIZE or set the value of SQL_BIG_SELECTS to 1 in the my.cnf file of your MySQL server.
If you have your own dedicated server, your server administrator should be able to do this.
If not, you should check with your hosting provider support about what to do.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds