6 years 6 months ago #280271

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Latest Safari
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Regards,
Mihnea

Hi,
Tell me please how can I setup the left category menu to be closed when a user choose to view details of a book? Now all categories are open.
I mention that this url it is a subdomain of the main domain as I work to replace the main site that it is now on the main domain.

Regards,
Mihnea

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
6 years 6 months ago #280306

Hello,

Solutions can depends on your needs :
1°) If this just for one product page, I think the most simple is to use a custom code css with a command like

.product_page_class_id left_side_content_class1,
.product_page_class_id  left_side_content_class2 {
    display: none;
}

Note : See this tutorial to see how to proceed on custom Css.

2°) If you want never have this displayed on ALL product page, you can use your module configuration, in HikaShop Options tab, see this configuration :

Hope this will fit your needs.
Regards

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 6 months ago #280544

Hi,

Sorry for that late response.
You misunderstand me. I need that product category to be visible on every page of the magazine, but not expanded, show all subcategories. When a user choose a product, book, and goes to that page, the category products menu to be always closed, to view only the main category title.
For example. I have a category named "Romanian Classics" and in that category I have a lot of subcategory, names of the romanian writers, Alecsandri, Alecu Donici, Creanga...... etc. When a user enter tha magazine it see the Main category "Romanian Classics" closed, he did not see the subcategories. He can see the subcategories only if he clcik on the main category and open it. Now, if he click on an product image from the magazine, he goes to the product page. Now, in the product page, main category and subcategories are all listed. I need that the main category to be closed when a user goes to the product category. I will put some attach. Main page where all categories all closed, and product page where all categories are opened and I need to be like in first attach.

Regards,
Mihnea

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 6 months ago #280587

Hi,

This means that you've configured the "show children" setting of your module to "all sub categories" instead of "all direct sub categories". Because of that the system display like that instead of using an accordion system. So edit it via the Joomla modules manager and change that setting and you should be good.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 6 months ago #280600

Hi,

It is set up to "all direct categories". Please see tha attach. Also I tried in Hikashop configuration to make some changes, but no effect. On the product page, the left category menu it is opened with all the subcategories.

Regards,
Mihnea

Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #280620

Hi,

I tried several product pages and the category module is correctly behaving :
monosnap.com/file/7IoKdaNKlfdwpvWbxV1Ank7PLZWHRM
monosnap.com/file/ZcQNOxEwh8y6yyarm2JeDs3O2n1Qfp
However, I do see the problem on some other products.
Could you provide a backend access so that we could have a deeper look into it ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

6 years 6 months ago #280695

Hi,

Looking deeper into it with the access you provided, the situation is normal. You've added that product "Povești și legende" to several categories including the category "Librăria Lectură Digitală" and the category "Ion Pop Reteganul".
So when you access the product page of that product, both categories will be expanded. So that's why you have the issue for only some products and not others.

The system will expand all the categories of the product on the product page, and not the category from where you accessed the product. That would require passing data to the product page in the URL, potentially creating issues with the SEO and not done by HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds