Change product images depending custom fields value

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 1 month ago #304383

Hello,
I wanted to know if is possible to change the product images depending the value selected in a custom field.

For example, I have the possibility to choose the door opening kind. You can choose fingerprint opening, numeric pad, or nothing
I want to add the numeric pad photo or fingerprint depending of the user selection.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 1 month ago #304388

Hi,

It's not possible with a custom field, however, it's possible with a characteristic:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...with-characteristics
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics

The following user(s) said Thank You: fernandoIncerco

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 1 month ago #304410

Thanks for the reply Nicolas,
This is not the functionality that I am searching for. I will give you an other example:

Think in a shop where we are selling computers, I have a main photo of the computer.
But you can choose if you want keyboard and mouse as an extra option. I want to add the mouse and keyboard photo to the computer photo as a secondary photo, depending if I select this option.

I hope this is clearer, thanks again

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by fernandoIncerco.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 1 month ago #304414

Hi,

HikaShop also has an option system to have options for products whereby the price of the option is added to the price of the main product if the option is selected. You can see it here:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
However, in that case, the images of the main product do not change based on what is selected in the options.
Now, with characteristics, you could have your options as characteristics with two values (add or not), and then, in the variants of the main product, you could set the price based on the combination selected, and you could also set the combined image that should be displayed for the variant when selected.
That way, the price would change according to how each characteristic would be set, and the image would also change.
Now, if you're asking whether it's possible to dynamically combine the images of the options with the main image (rather than doing it on your end and uploading each combination for the corresponding variant), there is no such functionality in HikaShop, regardless of whether you use custom fields, characteristics or options. In any cases, that would require some development to pull it off.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds