Listing of the price is different per product

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 6 months ago #324410

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0

Most of my prices are by characteristic. Now when I look at an overview of my products on my category page on the front of th website, some product prices are displayed by lets say the 500 gram characteristic price, and others by the 1 kilo characteristic price.

Is there a way to let them all use the same characteristic price to show on the category view to make it easier to compare prices? I thought it would have to do with the "default value". But the default value in the example below is 1kg for the "dijfilet (zonder bot, zonder vel) so that's probably not it.

I've added a screenshot. Look at "Dijfilet (zonder bot, zonder vel)" and "Dijfilet in blokjes". One is displayed with the 500 gram price (€ 4,-) and the other with the kilo price (€ 8,50).

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Dijkshoorn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 6 months ago #324443

Hi,

In the settings of your menu item, under the "products options" tab, you have a setting "Which price" which allows you to choose which price will be used on the listing.
You could set it to "range" in order to display both the minimum price and the maximum price of the variants of the product.

3 years 6 months ago #324477

Thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

3 years 6 months ago #324672

Hi Nicolas, I only just now am getting to solving this problem, but I have a little trouble with your first sentence. What do you mean with "In the settings of your menu item"? I'm sorry for such a basic question, but I can't locate what you mean.

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 6 months ago #324681

Hello,

Don't worry there are no basic questions here, now in order to answer you in details, have a look on this documentation about Item Menu (and Module).

Hope this will be more clear for you with this.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Philip.

3 years 6 months ago #324701

Thank you! I found it and I see what you mean. But it doesn't really answer my question (I turned the prices off for now)

What I mean is, I have products with different weight characteristics. What I would like is to show the price per kilo for most products (I've already found out how to change the word "unit" to "per kilo")

What's strange is that for some products the price shown in the product overview is the kilo price, but for others it's the price per 500 grams or another weight characteristic.

What decides which charactaristics price is show in the overview. I'd like to set most of them to the kilo price so my customers can compare prices.

Edit: I checked since I thought it might be the default characteristic, but that isn't the case. That would solve my problem though. Can I make it so that the overview shows the price of the default characteristic?

Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Dijkshoorn.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 6 months ago #324703

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "product overview" ? Supposing we're still talking about the products listing, then the price displayed is depends on that "which price" setting I was talking about.
If you select "cheapest" there (which is the default), then it's the cheapest price that will appear. If you have a product with variants: 500g / 1kg / 2kg, then the 500g variant will normally be the cheapest, and you should see that price on the listing, and if you have a product with variants 1kg / 2kg / 5kg, then it will be the price of the 1kg variant.
But as you said, it's not the price of the default variant displayed, it's the cheapest price, regardless of the variant.
If you want the system to auto select the price to be displayed to always use the 1kg variant, then there is no option for that.
In that case, it would actually require quite a bit of code customizing in the product / listing_price.php view file to load all the variants and their prices for the current product in the listing and then select the one you want to use for the display before displaying it.
So it's possible but definitely not easy.
A way simpler solution would be to enter the price you want to appear in the main product. That way, the system will automatically use the price of the main product on the listing, regardless of the prices of the variants.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds