Product Setup Question Downloadable and Physical

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 weeks ago #349836

Hi,

This is what I would like to happen. Products are books.

1 product, customer selects if they want the physical version of the downloadable version.

If the customer selects downloadable then that is added to the cart and they will receive the download after purchase.

If the customer selects physical book then they have to purchase a minimum of x copies. Also there is a discount for multiple buys set at certain amounts.

Yes you could have two different products, but actually the physical book and download are in essence the same product so not ideal.

I was thinking the possibility of variants, one being the download the other the physical, BUT then I'm not sure how to limit and apply discounts to specific variants?

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 3 weeks ago #349839

Hi,

Indeed, I would recommend using a characteristic with 2 variants in your case.
In the downloadable variant, you can add the file in the Images & files area so that it would be available to the customer after the purchase.
And in the physical variant, you could use the "quantity per order" setting to set a minimum quantity. And you can also configure several prices with different "minimum quantity" in the variant. So that you can have discounted prices for bulk purchases.

I don't think the "discount" feature we provide in the Orders>Discounts menu is adapted to what you want to do since you can't restrict a discount to a quantity being purchased. A better option would be to have several prices, as I said above, or you could also configure a "coupon" ( in Orders>Coupons) limited to that variant, with the "auto load" setting activated, and the minimum / maximum quantity settings. But with a coupon you would only get the discount applied during the checkout, and you can only have one auto loaded coupon per cart. So I think configuring several prices in the physical variant would be more suited to the situation.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 weeks ago #349874

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the reply.

This makes sense, BUT there is one possible issue - there are 100's of products, having to adjust the price of each product should the bulk prices change then that would be a big job. Yes there is the possibility of the CSV but its still a little trickier than just saying apply an over all discount.

1 year 3 weeks ago #349877

Hi,

You can use a mass action to change the prices of many products and/or variants at once:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html
At the end there, there is even an example to add 10% on all the prices at once for the products of a category

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 weeks ago #349888

Hi,

I see, that's great! So will you be able to modify the different quantity price points? So the price of the product if 10 purchased via this method?

1 year 3 weeks ago #349890

Hi,

Yes, but all at once. Not update "only the prices for "10" purchased". That would require running a MySQL query.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 weeks ago #349913

Ahh ok well that wont work then

Example:

If there are like price for 10 for 20 etc and then a price change for all products that are 20 plus to be changed by 10% would not be easily possible?

1 year 2 weeks ago #349915

Hi,

It would be easily possible with a MySQL query in the database. But it wouldn't be possible via the interface as there is no way to filter
the targeted prices based on their "minimum quantity".

In that case, instead of having different prices for different quantities, a solution would be to have a second characteristic for the quantity. Then, you would enter the different possible quantity values and add that second characteristic in the products.
Then, instead of 2 variants, you would have one variant for the downloadable variant, and one variant for each quantity for the physical variant.
Then, in the mass action, you would be able to add a filter based on the characteristic value to target the price update over all the products but only for a specific quantity.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds