- Posts: 317
- Thank you received: 20
In tabular layout, where do we add "specifications"
3 years 6 months ago #350100
by jgribble
In tabular layout, where do we add "specifications" was created by jgribble
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.javelincommunications.com/build-you-dream-stanchion
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
Could not find this in scanning documentation. The only data entry field in the product page is "description." Seems like this would be useful if gotten to work.
Thank you!
-Jim Gribble
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
Could not find this in scanning documentation. The only data entry field in the product page is "description." Seems like this would be useful if gotten to work.
Thank you!
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #350102
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic In tabular layout, where do we add "specifications"
Hi,
Go in the menu Display>Custom fields and create a new custom field of the table "product".
You can read more about custom fields here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html
Go in the menu Display>Custom fields and create a new custom field of the table "product".
You can read more about custom fields here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #350112
by jgribble
Replied by jgribble on topic In tabular layout, where do we add "specifications"
Many thanks, will have a go.
-Jim Gribble
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #350128
by jgribble
Replied by jgribble on topic In tabular layout, where do we add "specifications"
I see there are many different types of custom fields. But this long documentation doesn't tell me how to populate the "specifications" layout tab with content.
That's all I need.
Here's what I envisioned: There would be a tab on top of the product description allowing me to toggle to "specifications." And I could add my content there using JCE.
Alas, there is no such tab.
So it is going to be a little more work than I thought.
Step 1? What kind of custom field do I create? Product? If that is true, Product has a variety of field types. Do I use the one titled WSYWIG?
Step 2? I see I can assign the custom field to a product. How do I publish it to the "specifications" tab? Where do I add my content to the custom field? Will it show up somewhere in the Product details screen?
This seems like it would be a useful, common thing people like to do. I see it is a common feature in many ecommerce stores.
I'm not trying to do anything super-complicated. I just want to use the "specifications" tab to offer additional information about the product to the user. I know it's possible.
This is the last piece of the puzzle I need to solve for the client. Overall am very happy with how the project has turnjed outr.
-Jim Gribble
That's all I need.
Here's what I envisioned: There would be a tab on top of the product description allowing me to toggle to "specifications." And I could add my content there using JCE.
Alas, there is no such tab.
So it is going to be a little more work than I thought.
Step 1? What kind of custom field do I create? Product? If that is true, Product has a variety of field types. Do I use the one titled WSYWIG?
Step 2? I see I can assign the custom field to a product. How do I publish it to the "specifications" tab? Where do I add my content to the custom field? Will it show up somewhere in the Product details screen?
This seems like it would be a useful, common thing people like to do. I see it is a common feature in many ecommerce stores.
I'm not trying to do anything super-complicated. I just want to use the "specifications" tab to offer additional information about the product to the user. I know it's possible.
This is the last piece of the puzzle I need to solve for the client. Overall am very happy with how the project has turnjed outr.
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #350131
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic In tabular layout, where do we add "specifications"
Hi,
Yes, you need to create a custom field of the kind "product". For the type, it depends what you want to do.
If you want just one area where you can write text so that it is added to the specification tab, you can indeed use the type WYSIWYG.
There is no need to "publish it to the "specifications" tab". It will automatically display in there as long as you have text in the field for the current product.
When you edit a product in the backend, you have many different sections including one called "custom fields". The custom fields of the table "product" that you created will appear there so that you can fill them.
Yes, you need to create a custom field of the kind "product". For the type, it depends what you want to do.
If you want just one area where you can write text so that it is added to the specification tab, you can indeed use the type WYSIWYG.
There is no need to "publish it to the "specifications" tab". It will automatically display in there as long as you have text in the field for the current product.
When you edit a product in the backend, you have many different sections including one called "custom fields". The custom fields of the table "product" that you created will appear there so that you can fill them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #350147
by jgribble
Replied by jgribble on topic In tabular layout, where do we add "specifications"
Well then, this sounds perfect and I will have a go!
The prototype is almost ready to show to the client.
www.javelincommunications.com/build-you-dream-stanchion
Pretty cool stuff and a different approach - what could have been a thousand products is just one product on one simple and attractive page. An unconventional use of Hikashop but one that I think works in this case.
Now that I totally get the layout system, I see that almost anything is possible if you know a little PHP.
Many, many thanks to you.
-Jim Gribble
The prototype is almost ready to show to the client.
www.javelincommunications.com/build-you-dream-stanchion
Pretty cool stuff and a different approach - what could have been a thousand products is just one product on one simple and attractive page. An unconventional use of Hikashop but one that I think works in this case.
Now that I totally get the layout system, I see that almost anything is possible if you know a little PHP.
Many, many thanks to you.
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 6 months ago #350152
by jgribble
Replied by jgribble on topic In tabular layout, where do we add "specifications"
Adding the specifications data worked great. Easy once you know you. Thanks again.
-Jim Gribble
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds