Bundled Products - how to

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
10 months 2 weeks ago #352450

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.28

Hello,

I have added a product to Bundled Products and I was waiting for it to appear on the product page. But it doesn't appear.
Μaybe I understood something wrong. What I want to do is the following: a product should be suggested to be added to the cart with another product and the user will choose if yes or no.

may you can help me?

Best regards,
Dimitris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13080
10 months 2 weeks ago #352452

Hi,

The bundle feature is used for inventory tracking purposes. That's not what you want to use.
In that case, you want to add the product in the "options" area, not the "bundle" area:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options

The following user(s) said Thank You: guro

• Thank you received: 0
6 months 3 weeks ago #355777

Yes, I have misunderstood the bundled product feature as well.
I understand that the options feature is the best way to suggest another product to the customer when they add to the cart.
However, I want to create a different sort of deal. A product that can only be purchased in conjunction with another product.
Example: Buy product X and have the option to buy product Y. Product Y (DEAL) is only available if a customer buys product X. Product Y is not available as a stand-alone product and can only be added to the cart if product X is in the cart.
Is this possible and if so how?

6 months 5 days ago #356256

Hi,

I don't understand your predicament.
Why not use the option system to do that ?
If product Y is added as an option of product X, the customer will be able to buy product X and have the option to buy product Y.
And if you have product Y in an unpublished category, then product Y (DEAL) is only available if a customer buys product X. Product Y is not available as a stand-alone product and can only be added to the cart with product X.
It seems to me that it fit your requirements, no ?

• Thank you received: 0
5 months 3 weeks ago #356421

Are you referring to the Bundled Product option in the product setup?
When I add a published or unpublished product to the product bundled option it does appear in the front end. Nothing appears.
Am I missing something, do I need to set up a discount or a coupon? Can you point me in the direction of the example for setting this up?

5 months 3 weeks ago #356428

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds