No stock before choosing characteristic

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #356993

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hello!

Before i select characteristics in a product, there is the message "No stock" there and it's misleading.
How can i display a message there instead that says that you have to choose characteristics first?

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
5 months 1 week ago #356994

Hi,

That's how it is supposed to be by default:
i.imgur.com/otyZyHk.png
So I'm not sure.
Could you provide the URL of that page so that we can check the HTML and better understand what's going on ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

• Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #356999

Hi,

Yes we created a characteristic for the "Please select" option cause we needed that and that characteristic has 0 quantity.
So what can be done here? We need to keep the "Please select" option but fix the "Out of Stock" issue.

You can see an example here .

Thank you

5 months 1 week ago #357001

Hi,

Ok, I understand now.
So why not remove the "please select" option and activate the "Characteristics dynamic display" setting ?
That way, it will work like you want as far as I understand.

• Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #357030

We tried it as you will see in this thread

And your suggestion was this. The client is pushing us to have the "Please select" on all characteristics but not with the dynamic diplay, they don't like that you have to select the first characteristic and then the second wil be available etc.

Thank you

5 months 1 week ago #357053

Hi,

Then, you could either:
- create a translation override of the "no stock" message to have something else. However, this will change for all the products, even for the ones which really have no stock. So that might not be practical if you manage the stock of your products in HikaShop.
- instead of setting the stock to 0, you could set the sale end date in the past for that "please select" variant. That way, you would get another message than the "no stock" message, allowing you to have another text you can customize with a translation override, independently from the stock management.
- you could create a custom field of the table "product" and with the column name "product_stock_message". Whatever you write/select in this custom field in your product / variant will override the default stock message. Leaving the custom field empty for a product would let the system work normally with the default stock message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds