Postcode shipping

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329033

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.15
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.33

Hi,
I have a problem with Postcode shipping. I am using the latest version of hikashop 4.4.
In the shipping methods plugin i have defined 2 methods: min and max postcodes 7000 - 8000 and postcodes 8000 - 8999 but it does not seem to work.
No error message appears, only 'No delivery method selected'.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 2 months ago #329041

Hi,

Since you entered post code restrictions in your shipping methods, they will only appear on the checkout when the shipping address of the customer is in the range specified in each one.
So before you enter your shipping address, you end up with no shipping method, and thus, if you ask the customer to select the shipping method before he enters his shipping address, you end up with that error message.
So you have several solutions:
- hide the shipping method selection area with CSS. You don't need it since the customer can only use the one for his area. That will also hide the error message
- use a translation override to change the error message to something else, like for example "the shipping method selection will appear after you validated your address".
- change the "checkout workflow" in the HikaShop configuration to have a checkout in two steps, with the login/address views on the first step, and the shipping selection view on the second step: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: doron

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329055

Hi Nicolas

Thank you for your answer and explanation this solves the problem and works perfectly.

Thanks.
Doron

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds