Additional Flat Shipping Charge

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336032

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Question as I cannot figure out how to do this myself...

A competitor of mine is using UPS for shipping of some products I also sell, but...when buying the 1st item, standard shipping rates apply, however adding additional items of the same model only costs an additional $1.00.

How can I do this with HikaShop? I've dug through all I can find, and searched the forums, so unless I've missed it...I cannot find the answer.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 6 months ago #336054

Hello,

Do you mean that if the price to ship the 1st item is $5 for example, if your customer have 4 products in his cart then the price will be $14 ?

If you use a manual shipping method and you just want to add $1 per products to the original shipping price, using the "price per product" option will do the job.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336063

Thank you Mohamed,

So if I am understanding this correctly...

Using the UPS plugin as it is, but setting price per product in the UPS shipping option, will allow the 1st item to pull back actual shipping charges as would be normal...let's say $14.00 shipping, but if a customer selected 2 of this specific item, it would bring back a total of $15.00 total shipping which is $14.00 for the 1st item and only $1.00 additional for that second item?

The problem here is that it would apply to ALL products using UPS shipping, which...will end up putting me upside down on shipping charges.

How do I do this on specific items only?

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Dragon41673.

2 years 6 months ago #336086

Hello,

The problem here is that it would apply to ALL products using UPS shipping, which...will end up putting me upside down on shipping charges.

Can you give us more information about how you want it to work so that we can properly advise you ? Will it be restricted to one product ?

We need to know how the shipping price should be set in every cases. You can for exemple show us different use cases (customer carts) and tell us how you want the shipping price to be set. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336235

Mohamed, I apologize about the delay...for some reason I'm not getting notifications again (not the first time this has happened even though I'm subscribed).

So I want to do this on a specific number of items, from a single manufacture...but not "all" of the items they offer. Basically what I'm running into is that they make pre-filled bags with foam inside that store miniatures. Those items I cannot do this to due to the size which causes a large up charge in shipping...however...

The foam pieces themselves are available individually, which while bulky, they have almost no weight to them, and I'd like to apply this type of shipping to them.

The pre-filled bags, and the individual foam pieces are available in separate categories if that helps.

So when the customer purchases a single piece of product X, which has a shipping charge of $10.00, and added an extra 2 of the same product, the shipping charge would then be $10.00 for the initial item, an extra $1.00 per additional item making a final charge of $12.00.

I'd also like it to possibly apply to other pieces of these foam items, so same as above, but initial purchase of product X, with an additional purchase of product Y, and an additional purchase of product Z...with the same scenario where the initial shipping charge is $10.00, plus an additional $1.00 per extra item from the same manufacture as long as it is from that specific category.

2 years 6 months ago #336262

Hello,

So when the customer purchases a single piece of product X, which has a shipping charge of $10.00, and added an extra 2 of the same product, the shipping charge would then be $10.00 for the initial item, an extra $1.00 per additional item making a final charge of $12.00.

I'd also like it to possibly apply to other pieces of these foam items, so same as above, but initial purchase of product X, with an additional purchase of product Y, and an additional purchase of product Z...with the same scenario where the initial shipping charge is $10.00, plus an additional $1.00 per extra item from the same manufacture as long as it is from that specific category.

In that case a solution can be to :
- Create a warehouse via "Hikashop->System->Warehouses"

- Create a shipping method via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods"
- Set its price to $14
- Enable the "Use price per product" option
- Set the "Price per product" option to $1
- Set the "Warehouse" option to your new warehouse

- Go to your product X and Y configuration pages via "Hikasho->Products"
- Set their warehouses option to your new warehouse

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336269

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

In that case a solution can be to :
- Create a warehouse via "Hikashop->System->Warehouses"

- Create a shipping method via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods"
- Set its price to $14
- Enable the "Use price per product" option
- Set the "Price per product" option to $1
- Set the "Warehouse" option to your new warehouse

- Go to your product X and Y configuration pages via "Hikasho->Products"
- Set their warehouses option to your new warehouse

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

2 issues with that setup, and please correct me if I'm wrong...

#1 - Setting up a warehouse will cause the items to be separately charged shipping when other items are also purchased, this in effect then causes shipping to be even more than it would be as it currently sits.

#2 - Setting a specific price for the initial item I cannot do, as a package going to California will be more than a package going to Illinois which is the next state over. I was using the price of $14 for the initial package as an example of what it might cost.

Shopify can do this individually on products, without causing issues for other products...is there no other way of doing this?

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Dragon41673.

2 years 6 months ago #336297

Hello,

1. Yes you're right

2. HikaShop can actually do it if you :
- Set the "Use price per product" option through your shipping configuration page
- Go to your foam items products configuration page
- Use the "Price" option of your shipping method through the "Shipping prices" tab

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336305

1. Yes you're right

2. HikaShop can actually do it if you :
- Set the "Use price per product" option through your shipping configuration page
- Go to your foam items products configuration page
- Use the "Price" option of your shipping method through the "Shipping prices" tab

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Mohamed...I'm not seeing that option on the product pages of the Foam items.

2 years 6 months ago #336318

Hello,

Then that probably means that the "HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product" plugin is un-published, can you check it, publish it if it's un-published, and test it again ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336325

It is already published. Can you take a screen shot to show me what screen you are seeing that option on for the product page?

2 years 6 months ago #336338

Hello,

Of course.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336515

Mohamed...I apologize, I'm just not getting notifications from this form about 75% of the time.

Ok...I understand what the problem was. The plugin is active, and published, I just needed to add it.

So how can I add this option for these items...and ONLY these items? If I put this into place, it becomes active for ALL items on my site.

Is there a way to publish this, but not active for "all" products, then I can go back and activate it for the 20 +/- ones I need it for?

2 years 5 months ago #336532

Hello,

So how can I add this option for these items...and ONLY these items?

What do you exactly mean by that ?
If for example you have in your cart, a product which should have access to that shipping method, and one product which shouldn't have access to it. What should happen ? should the shipping method be available ?

I think I misunderstood the way you wanted to configure it. if I correctly understand what you want to do, then if we have in our cart :
- 3 products of the X category
- 2 products of the Y category
- 1 product of the Z category

Then the total shipping price should be $10 + $2 + $1 + $0 = $13 ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336544

OK...let me see if I can re-explain...

I want to use UPS as the shipper, I want to be able to have shipping applied properly via UPS for the correct price of a single item...but, when multiples of this item, or other foam items are added to the cart, I only want the system to charge $1.00 extra per item.

How can I setup this type of shipping, using UPS as the shipping type, ONLY on these specific type of foam items without having to go through my entire store products to deactivate it on the items this new shipping type will NOT be used on.

2 years 5 months ago #336565

Hello,

I want to be able to have shipping applied properly via UPS for the correct price of a single item...but, when multiples of this item, or other foam items are added to the cart, I only want the system to charge $1.00 extra per item.

In that the solution will be to configure the "Shipping prices" tab section of your normal products (screenshots 1) and foam products (screenshot 2) like attached screenshots.

Screenshot 1 : It will apply $1 per "normal" product in your cart if there's at least 2 of the same normal product in your cart
Screenshot 2 : It will apply $1 per "foam" product in your cart

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336858

I want to be able to have shipping applied properly via UPS for the correct price of a single item...but, when multiples of this item, or other foam items are added to the cart, I only want the system to charge $1.00 extra per item.

In that the solution will be to configure the "Shipping prices" tab section of your normal products (screenshots 1) and foam products (screenshot 2) like attached screenshots.

Screenshot 1 : It will apply $1 per "normal" product in your cart if there's at least 2 of the same normal product in your cart
Screenshot 2 : It will apply $1 per "foam" product in your cart

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Mohamed...I've tried, several times, but I cannot get this to work as you instructed.

Is there a different way to make this work?

2 years 5 months ago #336898

Hello,

Mohamed...I've tried, several times, but I cannot get this to work as you instructed.

Can you give us more information about it ?

Of course, the other way to do it will be to directly create a custom UPS plugin and customize it so that it can properly apply the shipping price based on your different products.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336928

Can you give us more information about it ?

I'm not sure what else I can say other than I followed your instructions, setup the shipping pricing exactly as shown in the images, and it did not work.

Of course, the other way to do it will be to directly create a custom UPS plugin and customize it so that it can properly apply the shipping price based on your different products.

I am not a programmer so I have no idea how to create a plugin.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Dragon41673.

2 years 5 months ago #336963

Hello,

In that case, can you send us a temporary back-end access through our contact form by specifying a link to that thread in your message, so that we can directly test it ? Thank you.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Can you also add in your message a link to a "normal" product and a "foam" product ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds