Additional Flat Shipping Charge

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 4 months ago #337033

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

In that case, can you send us a temporary back-end access through our contact form by specifying a link to that thread in your message, so that we can directly test it ? Thank you.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Can you also add in your message a link to a "normal" product and a "foam" product ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Sorry Mohamed...never got the notice you responded. It's odd...this happens on & off, sometimes I get it, other times I don't, and it's never in spam. I'll get the credentials over to you today and clear out any changes I did so you have a clean plate to work with.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 4 months ago #337048

In that case, can you send us a temporary back-end access through our contact form by specifying a link to that thread in your message, so that we can directly test it ? Thank you.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Can you also add in your message a link to a "normal" product and a "foam" product ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Mohamed, sorry it took a while, I had to help a family member this weekend. I just sent the info over via the contact us form, but it errored out on me, so I resent again. Please let me know if you do not get it but I'll recap most of the message here except for login credentials.
To recap...

I think there has been some confusion on how I want the shipping to work so I'll re-explain again...

I want to setup shipping using UPS only on these specific items (USPS never charges a proper rate so I shut them off).

The 1st item is charged proper shipping using UPS, but adding any ADDITIONAL items ONLY from the same manufacture adds an additional $1.00 USD per item to the shipping charge. Doesn't matter what it is, but it can only be from this specific manufacture.

So 1st item would be a standard shipping charge from UPS. Adding an additional item would increase the shipping charge by only $1.00. An additional 3 items would be an additional $3.00. An additional 5 items would be an additional $5.00. And so on...

For your ease of making any changes, I put all previous changes back to their regular state and have not left anything changed as per our previous discussion.

Please contact me back with any questions. I will try to contact back as soon as possible but the time difference and my work schedule will be hectic this week, but I will try to reply ASAP.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 4 months ago #337086

Hello,

Thank you for all of these details !

but adding any ADDITIONAL items ONLY from the same manufacture adds an additional $1.00 USD per item to the shipping charge. Doesn't matter what it is, but it can only be from this specific manufacture.

In that case, do you mean that if you have for exemple in your cart 6 products from the "Feldherr Storage Solutions" product category (or from child categories of "Feldherr Storage Solutions"), then we'll add $5 to prices returned by the ups plateform ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 4 months ago #337100

Thank you for all of these details !

but adding any ADDITIONAL items ONLY from the same manufacture adds an additional $1.00 USD per item to the shipping charge. Doesn't matter what it is, but it can only be from this specific manufacture.

In that case, do you mean that if you have for exemple in your cart 6 products from the "Feldherr Storage Solutions" product category (or from child categories of "Feldherr Storage Solutions"), then we'll add $5 to prices returned by the ups plateform ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

No...I'm unsure how else to describe this action, so I will use a couple different scenarios using an additional 5 products on top of the main product.

Product A costs $20.00 to ship using UPS all by itself, adding 5 additional Feldherr items, from any child category in that listing, simply adds $1.00 per extra items, making shipping a total of $25.00 (product A shipping cost of $20.00 from UPS + $5.00 for the additional 5 items)

Product B costs $45.00 to ship using UPS all by itself, adding 5 additional Feldherr items, from any child category in that listing, simply adds $1.00 per extra items, making shipping a total of $50.00 (product A shipping cost of $45.00 from UPS + $5.00 for the additional 5 items)

Whereas items added from any other category that is NOT Feldherr will incur standard UPS rates for the complete package and will not cost an additional $1.00 per item. So products from Feldherr, plus Manufacture A, and /or Manufacture B will be standard shipping rates...not like above.

2 years 4 months ago #337129

Hello,

So if I correctly understand, you'll have 2 kind of products :
a. ​Products which will have the normal UPS prices applied no matter the quantity added to the cart
b. Products from the Feldherr and its children categories which will add an additional $1 to the total price per product

What should happen if a product from the b. category is added on the cart without any other product ?

Thank you for your patience, we know that all of these exchanges can be frustrating but we really need to understand exactly what you want to achieve to properly advise you

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 4 months ago #337130

So if I correctly understand, you'll have 2 kind of products :
a. ​Products which will have the normal UPS prices applied no matter the quantity added to the cart
b. Products from the Feldherr and its children categories which will add an additional $1 to the total price per product

What should happen if a product from the b. category is added on the cart without any other product ?

Thank you for your patience, we know that all of these exchanges can be frustrating but we really need to understand exactly what you want to achieve to properly advise you

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Correct on the kinds of products...

If someone buys a Feldherr item, and ANY other product from any other manufacture, standard shipping rates would apply. The $1.00 per extra item would not at this time, but I will watch for the prices to see if I can apply that across the board on all items as I might take a hit here & there just to compete with other retailers

2 years 4 months ago #337185

Hello,

Then there's sadly no option to achieve it for the moment, products from the Feldherr and its children categories can only :
- Have a shipping price of $1 per product without having the UPS shipping method calculate their shipping price
==> to do that you'll just have to unset their weight/dimension and set the "Price" option of the "Shipping prices" tab to $1
OR
- Have a shipping price calculated by UPS and apply or not an additional $1 per products if needed

The only solution will be to directly edit the code of the UPS shipping plugin, and if there's a product from the "Feldherr" category with a product from another category in the cart, then set the "Weight/Dimensions" of products from the "Feldherr" category to 0.
To do that you'll have to edit the code of the "\plugins\hikashopshipping\ups\ups.php" file, and add your code before that line in the "onShippingDisplay" function :

$receivedMethods = $this->_getBestMethods($rate, $order, $usableWarehouses, $null);

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 4 months ago #337240

Ok thanks Mohamed, sadly I'm no programmer, so I will have to let this one go.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds