Restricting a product to only one country

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
1 year 11 months ago #340987

Hello,

I followed the steps detailed in this post www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...products.html#106254 to make one product (URL of the product provided privately on this post) only be available in the US.

I think I got it right (2 manual shipping methods with " Use price per product " activated (and so is the corresponding plugin). One assigned to the US. One assigned to a zone containing all countries bu the US.

In the product, went to "Shipping Price" and "blocked" the shipping method for all countries but the US.

When I place the product in the cart with shipping address in the US. I do get the shipping method as expected. When I use a non US shipping address, I get this message " The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods"... Which is a good start. But it seems like I would nevertheless be able to enter payment details and submit the payment.

Any hint on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 11 months ago #340988

Hi,

If you get that error, then the checkout won't let you finish. Is that not the case ?
Is your question "how to make it better visually for the user" ?
There are two things I would do:
- do a translation override to adapt the text of the error message:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
- change the checkout workflow of your checkout to have the payment on a step after the step where you have the shipping :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html
That way, the checkout will block the user from proceeding to the see the view with the payment methods selection when no shipping method is available.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
1 year 11 months ago #341001

Thank you so much!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds