Shipping method by hungarian postal code

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349228

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4
-- PHP version -- : 8

I created a shipping method with the HikaShop manual shipping plugin. I gave him the min and max zip codes. These are Hungarian postal codes. However, this delivery method does not appear at the checkout. What should I do so that the checkout recognizes zip codes and the shipping method appears in the list?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 2 months ago #349236

Hi,

Could you provide a screenshot of the shipping method settings and the address you're using on the frontend ?

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349243

Thank you for addressing the issue. The name of the delivery method is "Házi kiszállítás". You can see its settings in one of the screenshots. This should appear among the shipping methods. What field is missing? I must be messing something up or misunderstanding something.

Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #349252

Hi,

I don't see a problem there. You've restricted that shipping method based on the post code.
But on your frontend screenshot, you didn't yet enter the shipping address. So the system has no post code to use for the restriction and thus it doesn't display the shipping method. That's normal.
The shipping method should appear on the checkout once you provide the address.

Also, note that you apparently have the "include virtual products" setting turned off in your shipping method but you've selected a minimum amount. In that case, you need to have a weight configured in your products. Otherwise, the price of the products without a weight will be ignored for the "minimum amount" restriction. So that would be the total amount taken into account would be 0 and thus it wouldn't match the minimum amount restriction configured in your shipping method, causing it to not appear on the checkout.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349253

Look! I also filled in the zip code field for the shipping address, but the shipping method still doesn't appear.

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349254

anyway, what type of field should i use for zip code? How does the shipping method know to consider this field?

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349255

I think I understand it! The shipping method will appear if I enter the correct zip code. But only after clicking Next.

Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #349256

Hi,

Indeed, you need to validate the address first before the shipping methods area can be refreshed.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349257

I understand. Is there an "automatic" solution so that you don't have to press the next button for validation?

1 year 2 months ago #349261

Hi,

A solution could be to change your checkout workflow so that the address entering would be on one step and the shipping selection on another step:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html
That way, it would be more natural.
However, there is no mechanism to allow the system to use the post code before the address has been sent to the server.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349271

Thank You very much!

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds