Orders Not Synching With Shipstation

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #349504

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33

Hello,

Wanted to see if there is anything that changed with HikaShop/ShipStation recently. I updated my HikaShop extension and also ShipStation plugin and noticed that new orders are no longer being sent over to ShipStation for shipping. Has the following url changed at all? website.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=shipstation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
1 year 1 month ago #349511

Hello,

To our knowledge, there is little change in the way the HikaShop plugin is supposed to communicate with Shipstation's servers.
Now, and in order to better understand what is the problem in your case, can you provide us with the following elements:
- Active in your Shipstation plugin the debug mode, and in your Shipstation merchant account process an update like shown in my screenshot :

=> Then provide your log file to see Shipstation data display via our Contact us form, don't forget to add an Url link to this topic in your message
- Did you contact the Shipstation support to have more clues about your current issue, quite often they have on your side some communication log that may help us to better understand the situation.

Regards

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dklbwf

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 weeks ago #350383

I've reached out to Shipstation and they just keep sending me back to you.

I was wondering if the actual url has changed since new shipstation plugin?
Would the address/page still be www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com...hop&ctrl=shipstation

or is there a different path I need to use. When I insert that path into browser i get Unexpected username and password.

I also sent log file via the contact form.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by dklbwf.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 3 weeks ago #350403

Hi,

Thanks for the information and we got the log.
Philippe is currently only holiday and he'll be back on Tuesday. As he is the one who did everything with this plugin, he is the best suited to look into the issue, so you'll have to wait a few days so that he can come back to you. Sorry for the delay.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 weeks ago #350406

Okay thanks for that info Nicolas

1 year 3 weeks ago #350471

Hello,

Thanks for your elements, unfortunately its won't allow us to get the root issue.
So, can you provide these elements in order to progress :
- About order #591 can you confirm (or not) if it is the order with the number 591 (order number or order id?) on your site or the HikaShop references of the order mentioned are different.
=> And if so what are these references ?
- Url link to your backend (administrator)
- Backend user references (with maximum Acl)

Like previously use our Contact us form to provides theses elements, and add an Url link to this topic please.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 weeks ago #350486

Hey Philip,

I have gone ahead and submitted all the info you requested via the contact us form. I've already manually shipped order 591 but there is new order with same issue which I included in contact us form. Thanks for your help

1 year 3 weeks ago #350491

Hello,

I'm sorry for this return but we didn't find your elements in our Contact Us form, can you send them again, please?
Regards

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 weeks ago #350494

I just resent again. Thnx

1 year 3 weeks ago #350503

Hello,

I will invite you to check your username & your password, because as shown in your log file it seems that you have change your Shipstation references (username & password) around the 24 March 2023.

Documentation around your Shipstation references, remember that your shipstation references are provided by Shipstation, and you can find them in your Shipstation Merchant Account.

Double-check your references AND process in your Shipstation account connection (shown here ).

Awaiting your returns.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 weeks ago #350536

Hey Philip,

Looks like the password I used for the account was too strong. I made the password alot more simple and now Shipstation is no longer reporting a error when I click update store button but still no new orders are being imported in.

Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by dklbwf.

1 year 2 weeks ago #350542

Hello,

I process some test on my side with your new password, and so far everything seems okay.
But did you process a connection test on Shipstation servers as said, here ?
More, can you process a test by trigger the Shipstation update (in your Shipstation marchant account) like show in this screenshot :

If that didn't work, we will need to go more far, and so provide via our Contact us form your Shipstation reference (allowing us to have more datas on your Shipstation merchant account ).

Awaiting your returns, and don't forget if you use our Contact us to add in your message an Url link to this topic.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 weeks ago #350547

Yes I am able to test connection with no issues and able to click the update orders option. You should be able to login to our Shipstation account with the login data listed in the shipstation plugin settings. I have added a test order with confirmed status but it is not listing in shipstation account. Same issue is happening with my 3 other hikashop sites. Thanks again

1 year 2 weeks ago #350560

Hello,

I'm able to see your shipped orders, see my screenshot, including your order #593 :

From this, I analyze more your elements and can't be sure of it, but we believe that your orders must have been exported to Shipstation BUT surely you will not find them exactly where you thought but they are "known" by Shipstation,
And as you observe the same problems for all your sites using Shipstation.
Could it be a bad configuration of YOUR merchant deposits? Or a misunderstanding of the interface of your Shipstation interface?
Really we don't know...

Maybe you will need to push the discussion a little more with Shipstation support, and refer to Shipstation documentation because we think that my causes of your difficulties are on the Shipstation server side as the HikaShop Shipstation plugin works as expected on our side.

Hope this will leads you to solve your issue.
Regards

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 weeks ago #350584

Yes the screenshot you see is from me manually shipping those. The order was not in Shipstation for me to easily ship. I had to manually go into Shipstation and copy/paste order details from Hikashop order into Shipstation. Those new orders never made it from Hikashop to Shipstation.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 weeks ago #350598

Here Is Response from Shipstation:

Thanks for reaching out today. I understand you are missing some orders. I am happy to help with that today!

I took a look at the store feed XML, and the custom store does not appear to be sending ShipStation orders at this time.

As this is a custom store, ShipStation support is limited on what we are able to do regarding this behavior, as the XML is not sending these orders to ShipStation.

I would recommend reached out to the developer for more insight at this time! This article provides more information as well.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Have a good weekend!

1 year 2 weeks ago #350615

Hello,

I'm really sorry to have to say it like that, but Shipstation support is not really helpful.

Here is what we believe we know from our side:
- Your Shipstation plugin works as expected by producing a correct XML following a notification from Shipstation export notification
=> And note that with an adequate notification simulation we were able to create the XML relating to your missing orders.
- When we connect to your merchant account, we can carry out updates or connection tests which are successful...

From this we need more elements or we won't be able to progress on your subject...
We needs elements like :
- Idea about what can leads us to this kind of situation, explanation more specific, concrete case etc...
- We are quite sure that Shipstation have on his side some log file that may be useful to understand the issue, like breaking XML, error message, and any elements that can provide us new elements

Note that from experience, if we discuss directly with Shipstation as we are not a customer, there is a risk that they will not even answer us...
So it's up to you to do the intermediary unfortunately, and so of course it takes longer than if we could interact directly with Shipstation Support.
Really sorry for this return, but we hope that we will be able to progress on your issue.

Regards

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 weeks ago #350642

Hey Philip, it looks like things are working correctly at the moment. I just created a test order within my Hikashop store and then went to Shipstation and clicked the update button and the new order came right in like normal. Could you please share what changes you made? I do see that you have the shipstation plugin checked out. I have the same exact issue happening with 3 other hikashop sites so whatever you've done i'd like to make sure I copy over to those sites.

1 year 2 weeks ago #350662

Hello,

well, there is a chance that my answer will not be very satisfactory, but in fact I change nothing to your Shipstation plugin.
Let's resume :
1. When I reach your website for the first time, I see only username & password error message in the log
=> You change them for most simple password.
2. I process some test to generate XML => expected behavior
3. In your Shipstation Merchant account I was able to procss test connection and manual update.
Then finally it seems that everything works as expected.

I have some theories, maybe your root issue was only an Username & Password?
=> unlikely if I believe that your other sites are concerned
From your side Shipstation make a "reset" update?
=> Following update problems, potentially the following exports, even if successful, forget to resume the previous ones, creating a "hole" in the continuity.

BUT, you can update your Shipstation plugin for all your other website, and I invite you to active your debug mode for each of your plugin in oder to look in your log to check that you haven't any error message.
Then, provide us your error message but don't forget to hide secret references.

Regards

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 weeks ago #350739

I'm just lost at this point on what else to do. I've paid for the HIkashop extension | Hikashop ShipStation Plugin | ShipStation and can't get them to work correctly on sites any longer. They all have been working for years and now randomly this sync issue is happening. Where exactly would I go to find the logs file to see what is being reported when I try to get orders pulled from the site to Shipsation? Is there a specific PHP Version that is recommended? Thnx

Also found this message when I turned on error reporting:

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by dklbwf.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds