How to integrate API shipping for Hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 2 weeks ago #350872

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.9
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

Hi all Hika users,

I am new here and I wanted to know how to integrate API shipping method for hikashop?

example:
goshippo.com - I wanted to integrate there API for shipping.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 2 weeks ago #350874

Hi,

It requires developing a plugin for HikaShop. We have a developer documentation available here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
If you want the integration plugin to get the rates from goshipppo.com in order to propose them during the checkout, you'll want to develop the plugin as a shipping plugin. You can take an example on the USPS, UPS, FedEx, Australia POst v2 plugins included in HikaShop. They are located in the folder plugins/hikashopshipping/ of your website when HikaShop is installed.
Then, to send the data of the order after the checkout to goshippo.com you want to implement the "onAfterOrderUpdate" event. I would recommend looking at the Matomo plugin for an example of this: www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/271-matomo.html
A shipping plugin can do both tasks.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 2 weeks ago #350882

If ever I would like this plug-in to be customized - where to do I request for customization? and how much?

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 2 weeks ago #350885

Hi,

You mean you want someone to develop it for you ?
Any skilled PHP developer can develop the plugin using the PHP SDK and API documentation proposed by shippo and the information I gave in my previous message.
Now, there are already many developers who developed plugins for HikaShop in the past so you could first check with them if they are available. For example: tsukidev.com/ www.brainforge.co.uk/ www.webit.bz/ to name a few.
Also, any developer specialized in Joomla development will have no problem with this. You could ask on www.facebook.com/groups/joomlanospam as many of them are in that group.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds