How to export orders in xml

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 9 months ago #114376

Hi
Is there any description or manual how to change export format from orders to xml.
Would be great to find a thing like "converting csv for dummies" :-)

Realy like hikashop but I ve always issues with invocing and accounting that´s why I use an external erp. ti would be great if there would be a choice on exporting format for orders.

Hope someone could help...
have a nice day..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #114418

Hi,

In HikaShop you can override all views, even backend ones.
So you can edit the view "order | export" and change the code which generate CSV/XLS files into something which will create a XML file compatible with your ERP system.
It is something which could be done using a little HikaShop plugin too, but the view override is easier.

Exporting a XML is not very complicated but the real problem is to determine the structure of the exported data. There is different ways to export the data in XML, using nodes or attributes. CSV have the advantage to be generic and compatible with a lot of softwares.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 9 months ago #114442

Thank s for the quick answer. Is there any instruction how to generate an xml file.
I know about changing the view files but I don´t know where to read about how to do this.

It would be enough to have an example file for an order export xml file. Than I hope I could fit the atributes and nodes to my needs.

best regards

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #114446

Hi,

I think that you'll find some answer there :

Each ERP will have a different XML format. So we cannot provide a simple manual as it would have to be different for each erp. Thus it requires a developer in order to make it compatible with your ERP format.

I guess that openERP must be used a lot. They have an import tool which handles CSV imports:
doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/8/8_20_Config/...g_import_export.html

10 years 9 months ago #114670

Hi,
thanks for the answer. I asked in that thread already.
A real help for me would be an example file for CSV to XML order export file.
I guess if I have an example I can handle the modifications with the different fields etc. but without I realy have no clue how to start.
So if there is any I would be looking forward to see it
best regards
georg

• Thank you received: 13070
10 years 9 months ago #114725

Hi,

I don't think that a XML example will help you much since the XML format we will propose will probably be different from your system format.
Besides, we unfortunately don't have such example.

10 years 9 months ago #115095

Nicolas, thanks for your answer
Unfortunately there seems to be no solution for my topic.

I can´t find someone who does that thing as a commercial job. But mainly I ask myself how do the other users of hikashop handle there accounting and booking issues.
So do you think there will be a solution comming up once or can you suggest an solution for me?

With my little shop I need the following things for making an propper invoicing and accounting

- orders from hikashop (invoicing is no problem with your software)
- orders coming in by phone (problem in hikashop is that there is no possibility to make a new order with a new customer)
- preorders and quotation (I think that could be possible with your software but still the user/customer problem)

In my opinion this should be the way for the most shop users. But probably I´m wrong. So if you ve got an idea how to solve this issues I realy would be happy.
regards
Georg

• Thank you received: 13070
10 years 9 months ago #115105

Hi,

How come you couldn't find anyone to help you on that ? Any PHP developer should be able to do that, even without knowing HikaShop or Joomla.
All he needs is to look ad the database structure and the desired XML format to do a script to load the data from the database and generate the XML you need.
The PHP community is one of the biggest out there. There should be no problem to find a freelancer to do that script for you. Some places where to search:
www.odesk.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=PHP
www.freelancer.com/jobs/PHP/1
joomlancers.com (for joomla specific jobs)

Orders can be created on the backend. Did you miss the "new" button on the orders listing maybe ?
Quotations can indeed be handled by HikaShop. We have several threads of the forum about that.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds