Comments & who bought this item

• Thank you received: 114
5 years 10 months ago #294075

Hi,

I am trying to set up a message "This person has bought this item." but it doesn't work well.

Now if user has bought any of the products and leave comment on any product, "This person has bought this item." will be displayed for every comment.

Shouldn't this be displayed only if that user comments on the item he actually purchased??

I have looked into code and could find only this:

<?php if(!empty ($elt->purchased)) { ?>
			<span class="hikashop_vote_listing_useful_bought"><?php echo JText::_('HIKASHOP_VOTE_BOUGHT_COMMENT'); ?></span>
<?php } ?>

I am not sure how are you checking if user has bought this item but as for know it doesn't work well and could be confusing.

Please advise.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 10 months ago #294105

Hi,

I've looked at the code and there seems to be some missing bits.
I've added some patches so that it works better.
Please download again the install package from our website again to get the patch and it should be better.

5 years 10 months ago #294143

Hi,

Sorry for late replay. I have updated hikashop and now message "This person has bought this item." isn't showing at all.

Before update, doing var_dump i could see that "$elt->purchased" would return "1" if anything was purchased by the user, now there is no such variable and it is returning "NULL". Screenshot attached...

Could you please check again Nicolas?

Thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 10 months ago #294152

Hi,

The $elt->purchased is only set to 1 when the product has been purchased by the person who posted the message.
It's not set when that's not the case.
Note that to know whether the product was purchased or not, the status of the order must be one of the statuses enabled under the "invoice" column of the System>Order statuses menu (which wasn't implemented before). So please make sure that the order of the product made by the user account of the comment has a the correct status.

5 years 10 months ago #294169

Hi,

Indeed i had to set order status to confirmed or shipped and it started to show. Thanks for the clarification.

Have a great day

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds