Problem with Wishlist and Compare mode

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #77343

Both of my Wishlist and Compare mode is on. Wishlist button shows normally but when I click it I get the following error:
"An error occurred"

The "Add to compare list" button does not appear at all!

You can see here:
googledeal.com/fi/categories/14-pariisi-ranska.html

Settings can ve viewed from the file I have attached.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by abbakhan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 months ago #77367

Hi,

Default options are in case of the menu/module does not specify the value (when it uses "inherits").
For the "compare list", please check your menus/modules options.

About the wishlist, I don't see the button so I can't test it.
With the Joomla debug mode activated, you might have more information about the error.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 5 months ago #77478

Thank you!

For "Compare list" I do not find any settings other than following 2 settings in "System->Display":
Activate compare mode (My selected value is "link")
Compare limitation (My value is 10)

I have checked:
1. System->Plugins
2. Display->Content menus
3. Display->Content modules

AND also other setting pages and tabs, but could not find any setting option(s) for "Compare list". The fact is the Compare button was being viewed for a while after I did make the above mentioned 2 settings (in bold), but suddenly it just disappeared.

About Wishlist, by activating the debug mode of Joomla!, I could not detect any new errors, a white window appears with the error: "An error occurred", nothing new. :(
Moreover, when a product contains Option(s), "Choose options" button is visible correctly but the "Add to wishlist" button disappears.
Sorry, I did deactivate the Wishlist as it was producing error. I have reactivated the module so you can try it.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by abbakhan.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 months ago #77597

Hi,

As you can see with this link : googledeal.com/fi/?option=com_hikashop&c...&task=listing&cid=14
The compare mode and the add to whishlist are enable in your website.
It use a generic product listing without using menu options.

After that you can check the page : googledeal.com/fi/products/14-pariisi-ranska.html
You can see in the page a div with the id "hikashop_module_167".
It means that if you edit the HikaShop module with id 167, you would find the options for this listing (display add to cart, display wishlist, etc).
In the page you would find a div (parent to the previous) with the id "hikashop_category_information_menu_738".
As previous but this time with an HikaShop menu, you would find the options for this menu.

Your page is a compilation of default option, with menu options and module options.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 1 month ago #93741

I'm feeling like I'm blind. I am trying to work on turning on the Compare feature. I just created a new test menu item and page (hidden for now during testing) using the hikashop category option/layout. When you go to the product listings page from that new category view, you get the compare checkboxes and everything works fine (option was turned on in the Config/Features tab).

However, we had previously created several K2 Content pages that include K2 articles at the top of the page, then added a Hikashop content module (product in div layout) to the lower portion of that page. It works and looks fine for virtually everything. However, it does not have the compare feature/checkboxes on this or any of the other pages like that.

I've read the thread above, but I am still not seeing any option to turn on Compare in the various content modules for the hikashop content (v2.1). I have looked in the menu options (those pages are set in the menu as a K2 Content page), the hikashop content module assigned to the page, and nowhere is there an option to turn on or off the Compare feature. I even checked the menu options for the new test menu item for the Hikashop category page, and there is no option there to turn off and on the Compare feature.

Is the display of those products controlled by the specific content module, plugin and/or general configuration? If so, I cannot see anything to turn on or off Compare. Is there a master content configuration for all those hikashop content modules we created for those pages that is somehow changing what is showing regarding Compare?

Help!!! I am sure it is obvious, but I cannot find it. Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13064
11 years 1 month ago #93933

Hi,

That's normal that you don't see the compare buttons on your product listing modules.
The comparison feature is only activated on HikaShop listing menu items.
It's not the case on your end since the menus are K2 menus.
You would have to edit the file "listing" of the view "product" for your frontend template via the menu Display->Views and change the code:
JRequest::getVar('hikashop_front_end_main',0) && JRequest::getVar('task')=='listing' && $this->params->get('show_compare')
to:
true
and do the same change in your item box layout view file (probably "listing_img_title" of the "product" view) so that the comparison would be activated everywhere. However, note that the comparison system won't work properly if you have more than one products listing on the page (which is why it is restricted to listing menu items by default).

11 years 1 month ago #93938

When you say it won't work correctly " if you have more than one products listing on the page", do you mean more than one category? Each of our menus only show a single selected product category. Would that work?

Is the True/False flag in that line of code the 0 after front_end_main? If so, I changed that to 1 from 0 and it did not activate COmpare on those pages.

11 years 1 month ago #94004

That should work yes.

Please reread my instructions carefully. I said that you need to replace the whole code:
JRequest::getVar('hikashop_front_end_main',0) && JRequest::getVar('task')=='listing' && $this->params->get('show_compare')

to:
true

11 years 1 month ago #94020

Sorry. Didn't understand.

Did that and it adds the Compare checkboxes to the item boxes, but it does not add the Compare button when you select items. Do I need to edit another view?

11 years 1 month ago #94022

You must have forgot the second same piece of code near the end of the "listing" view file which is where the compare button is added.

11 years 1 month ago #94037

Got it! Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds