Default Product with variants is not carried across to new products

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #308758

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 75.0.3770.100

I have two variants setup in my default product template. epub and mobi which will present a different file to the user.
When the vendor goes to add a new product it does not carry the two variants I've setup across to the vendor's product application. In the default I've set up it shows 2 variants, in the vendor's new product it shows them as '0' although the settings indicate the variant is set.

How can I ensure that the variants are carried across in the default product template?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 8 months ago #308789

Hello,

Yes, that is something we are aware :
www.hikashop.com/forum/22-market-bug-rep...emplates.html#290757

With other developments (such as the compatibility with Joomla 4), the product creation workflow has not evolve as much as we wanted even if we introduced new ACL.
But the product template still don't allow to generate the variants ; only duplicate characteristics settings.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #308798

OK, thanks I followed your conversation on that thread and recognise the issue as there being no product to hook the variants to until it is created, then saved by the user. So, I thought it might work if I actually placed a temporary file in the product template's variants as a placeholder and this didn't work either, but might be a potential workaround that you could generate with some programming.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 8 months ago #308859

Hello,

The product in creation should include the data from the product template but without creating the variants ; so when the product will be saved, the variants will be generated.
It has various implications and we still don't find the perfect solution, or the solution with the minimal drawbacks for the user.

But you cannot create any entry in the product table before the main product is saved. If your vendor want to create a product and close the window, you will have "lost" entries in your database which could be related to any product nor knowing if the product is still in creation or not (and in any case, the index will be incremented)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds