Google Tag Manager, Ads, and dataLayer

• Thank you received: 3
4 years 5 months ago #312578

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

I have been working to implement Google Analytics Conversion Tracking on a site through GTM (Google Tag Manager).

GTM does the dirty work placing all the GA tags, Ads tags, and others. It all seems to be working but I don't think I have the conversion part correct.

In the documentation for GTM Ecommerce, there's steps to use Data Layer. The dataLayer object contains and passes information from the website, product data, transaction data. It seems I should be able to see this data in the browser console but I could not find it when testing some checkouts.

There's a plugin & documentation for HikaShop to integrate with Google Analytics which notes "Also, this plugin is for the e-commerce data of Google Analytics" - If the plugin is enabled & filled, is the dataLayer taken care of, or do I need to modify the order confirmation page (or other pages) ?

I tried searching the forum for similar questions. The most recent was over 2 years ago and I don't think they were using GTM, just adwords. Hoping you can offer some guidance. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13065
4 years 5 months ago #312615

Hi,

The Google Analytics plugin doesn't integrate with GTM nor with the dataLayer of GTM.
It's for GA.
So I'm afraid it won't help you in what you're doing with GTM.

The following user(s) said Thank You: itsyourit

4 years 5 months ago #312620

Thank you for clarifying the documentation. If I am successful I will share my changes here in case anyone else is attempting as well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 3 months ago #328430

Hi Itsyourit.
Did you find a way to get the dataLayer objects working for hikashop?

3 years 3 months ago #328432

Sadly no I did not manage to solve this. It was not worth it for the project to sink the time into writing and testing custom code.

The following user(s) said Thank You: n00bster

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds