HikaShop ReCaptcha v2 seems to have stopped working

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327741

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.veggievore.com/dvd/diabetes-in-retreat/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Verification Expired. Check the checkbox again

I am not sure when this stopped working but now when people try to register on the site so that they can check out and purchase something the Recpatcha keeps failing with a message that says "Verification expired. Check the Checkbox again."

I have not made any changes to the plugin. So, it appears that something might have changed on your end or something might have changed on Googles end. Are you aware of any changes that could be causing this. It is preventing people from purchasing if they need to register first.

Thank you very much,

Sean Carney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
3 years 3 months ago #327748

Hi,

I made a test on your website but I didn't get the error and I was able to register successfully.
Are you able to reproduce the problem on your end ?
If so, how ?
The error you're talking about means that the person stayed on the registration page for too long and thus the ReCaptcha solution expired. That's something Google does automatically and is documented here:
support.google.com/recaptcha/?hl=en
In such case, Google recommands to refresh the page and redo the registration.

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327769

I kind of get the same issue. I was helping an in-person customer today so I was processing the cart for her order myself. The ReCaptcha verification seems to time out very quickly. Like under 60 seconds or so. I have had another customer complain about having to verify again before she could get all of her customer/card info input. I find this to be a major cart abandonment issue. Is there any type of timeout setting that can be adjusted on the plugin? I didn't see any at quick glance.

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by dlaughter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney

3 years 3 months ago #327776

Hi,

Well, the timeout is at Google's level. We can't change it from the plugin/website's end.
What you could do is activate the "invisible" mode of the plugin.
That way, there won't be a checkbox to check in most cases. So it might help avoid the problem.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327790

This time out occurred in a matter of a few minutes. I had it time out when I selected Braintree as the payment option. I also tried with PayPal and it did not time out. I will try to do that again a couple of times. But, I am sure that this is not caused because of taking too long.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327791

I agree. There is something else going on here that needs to be solved.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327792

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Well, the timeout is at Google's level. We can't change it from the plugin/website's end.
What you could do is activate the "invisible" mode of the plugin.
That way, there won't be a checkbox to check in most cases. So it might help avoid the problem.

Thanks Nicolas,

The timeouts are happening very fast, like in a couple of minutes. I just logged into my Joomla admin and did not find a way to activate invisible mode there. So, I am logging in now to the google admin console and just found the following message:

"We detected that your site is verifying reCAPTCHA passed solutions less than 50% of the time. This could indicate a problem with your integration with reCAPTCHA. Please see our developer site for more information."

I am trying to figure out what to do from this page: developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible

What strikes me as odd is that this problem did not occur before but occurs now.

3 years 3 months ago #327809

Hi,

If you don't have the "invisible" setting in the options page of the plugin, then you're probably using a really old version of the Recaptcha plugin.
Download it again on our website and install it again and it should help.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327822

Thank you Nicholas,

I am running version 4.4.0 of Hika Shop business.

Is the plugin automatically installed?

I am poking around your site trying to find the place to download the plugin otherwise but have not found it.

Sorry to be a pain. Thanks for any direction.

I am using HikaShop ReCaptcha v2

Once I get the more recent plugin will I also have to add scripts to the head tag and the body tags of the template to make the invisible work?

Sean

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327823

BTW, I do not know what version of HikaShop ReCaptcha v2 I am running because in the Extensions Management page of my Joomla admin I am seeing the following:

Version: {__PLUGIN_VERSION__}

Date: {__DAY__} {__MONTH__} {__YEAR__}

So, there does appear to maybe be something else wrong with my installation.

Sean

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327824

I found and just installed this one but nothing changed:

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...-with-recaptcha.html

3 years 2 months ago #327827

Hi,

You mean that you still don't see the "invisible" option in the settings of the plugin ?
Then maybe you're looking at the Joomla recaptcha plugin and not ours.
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of the plugin ?

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327873

I see Invisible as an option now. I am not sure what upgrade did that. But, I am seeing it. I will try to use invisible going forward.

Do you have instructions here on how to configure the invisible recaptcha? Are there settings somewhere here for me to enter my keys or is this something that is completely done using javascript within my template?

I see the instructions on Google at developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible#auto_render

But, what I am not sure about is the idea of how to add attributes to my html button.

Thanks, Sean

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by scarney.

3 years 2 months ago #327878

Hi,

You don't need to do any coding or changing anything in your template to use the invisible mode. You just need to activate the setting in the recaptcha plugin.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327883

Thank you very much Nocolas. That is how it is with my other third party software as well.

I did try that and then assumed there was more needed to be done because my site is displaying the following error message in the space of the recaptcha now:

"This site key is not enabled for the invisible captcha."

3 years 2 months ago #327885

Hi,

Visit the reCaptcha website and click Get reCaptcha. Select Invisible reCAPTCHA from the radio box, enter your site’s domain(s) and hit register. You’ll now be given your personalized Site Key (public key) and Secret key (private key) you can use in configuring the plugin.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327888

Thank you Nicolas,

I was trying to figure out how to 'change' my site from V2 Checkbox to V2 Invisible. I did not realize I just needed to simply apply for a new set of keys. Of course I am sure it is no surprise to you that this worked immediately. :-)

Thanks, Sean

PS. I will be opening a few more tickets soon as I am trying to improve my cart and checkout process and have some questions. But, not tonight. :-)

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds