Quantity Limitations

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #309789

Is it possible to limit quantity in a characteristic?

For example, I'm selling tickets to a theater show. The show takes place on 4 days and each day has a limited number of tickets. There's a price variation (member/nonmember), which I've set as a characteristic with two variants. Is there any way to make the dates a characteristic with another set of variants so that customers can choose the date and the non-member/member ticket on one product when I need the dates to be quantity limited? The way I've gotten around it in the past is to make a separate product for each date so that I can limit the overall quantity on each product with the only variants being the member/nonmember price.

Basically, I want to sell any combination of member/non-member tickets with an overall quantity limit for each date characteristic on one product.

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by YACOps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 8 months ago #309805

Hello,

Basically, I want to sell any combination of member/non-member tickets with an overall quantity limit for each date characteristic on one product.

Well a solution can be to create a Date and member/non-member characteristics, but it will force you to update your characteristics every time you have a new theater show dates.

We wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

4 years 8 months ago #309830

Hi thanks!

I know I can create two sets of characteristics, but I need there to be a limited number of tickets per day, say 100. If each date characteristic then has two options (member and non-member) is there any way to limit the quantity for each day? I know I can set each option (Day 1 Member and Day 1 Non-member) to 50 and just watch and adjust as needed, but I'd prefer not to have to "watch" it.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 8 months ago #309837

Hi,

You can control the quantity per product or per variant. If you have two charactersitics in a product, this means that you can either control the quantity for the whole product (and thus share the quantity among all the combination of values of both characteristics) or for each combination of values of both characteristics (so one quantity for each date for each type of user).
From what I understand, you want to control the quantity for only the values of one characteristic and not the others (so you want to control the quantity for each date but not based on the type of user). That's not possible using characteristics for both.
What you could do is use a characteristic for the date selection (so that you can have quantity control for each date), and use an option product to have the user select the "member"/"non-member" choice ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options ).
That way, you'll only have one variant per date (so you can control the quantity per date), and you'll be able use the prices of the option product to modify the global price based on what the user selects in the option dropdown.

The following user(s) said Thank You: YACOps

4 years 8 months ago #309857

Thank you, using an option with a negative amount (didn't know you could do that) solved the problem. In this case it made more sense to take away money for the member ticket rather than add it for the non-member ticket.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds