SImplest way to accomplish 2 Variants

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 6 months ago #311370

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hi,

I've set up a relatively small store and am wondering if there's an easier way to do something.

I want to have a product that's available as 1-10 units with pricing getting lower the more you buy. Then there's a second product that relates to the first one and has a fixed price.

So I've created a single product and used a variant to lower the price based on the number of units you purchase (1-10). Then I added a second variant where you can add 0-10 of the add-on product. This results in having to create 110 variants and pricing. While this works fine it's very tedious.

Is there an easier way to do this other than creating two totally separate products?

Thanks.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 6 months ago #311374

Hi,

Instead of having two characteristics (the quantity of the first product and the quantity of the second product) you could instead:
- create one product with several prices with a "minimum quantity" set for each unit price.
- create a second product with a fixed price in an unpublished category (so that you can't purchase it alone).
- add the second product as an option of the first product.
- make sure that you display the quantity input field.
That way, the first product would have its price vary in the cart based on the quantity of the product in the cart, and the second product would be a yes/no choice on the first product page and its price would be added to the price of the first product and it would be fixed regardless of the quantity.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 6 months ago #311395

Thank you for that. The only thing is I shouldn't have said the second product has a "fixed price". For example, it should be $25 for each unit added. So a user might add three of the add-on product which should add $75 additional to the cart.

Hopefully there's an easier way to do this.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 6 months ago #311398

Hi,

I understood that. I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough in my previous message. What I meant is that the option product UNIT price would be fixed.
It would go like that:
total = ( unit price of the main product for the current quantity + unit price of the option product for the current quantity ) * quantity

So if the unit price of the main product for the current quantity is $20 for 1 and $15 for 2, and the unit price of the option product for the current quantity is $25 no matter what, then :
- if the quantity of the product in the cart is 1, the total will be $20 + $25 = $45
- if the quantity of the product in the cart is 2, the total will be ($15 + $25)*2 = $80

From what I understand, that's what you said you want so you should be good to go with that main product + option product solution.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds