can hikashop have a Request for Quotation form or feature?

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 9 months ago #308871

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

1. can hikashop and hikamarket handle a request Request for Quotation form or feature?

2. can hika complete a form then it will be sent to vendors and vendors who have this product can send an offer?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 9 months ago #308901

Hello,

Is your question related to that thread ?
www.hikashop.com/forum/auction-how-to/89...re-sales.html#308868

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 9 months ago #308934

hi

Is your question related to that thread ?
www.hikashop.com/forum/auction-how-to/89...re-sales.html#308868

it could be related but maybe not specifically. Specifically i want something like Alibaba's request for quotation feature.
rfq.alibaba.com/rfq/post.htm?tracelog=new_ali

my clients uses hikashop with hikamarket and would like to add this functionality.

thanks

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 9 months ago #308937

Hi,

To me, this looks like something you would do with a form component like fabrik and then you would have some php code on the result of the form to look for vendors on the keywords entered by the customer and then send an email to them with a link to the quote request. Then, maybe you would add a link on the quote request display page to go to another fabrik form so that the vendors could provide a quote to the user.
So HikaShop / HikaMarket would almost not be involved in this.

Now regarding to possibility to have that in HikaShop / HikaMarket, that's not realistic I think. It's too specific. It could be developed as a plugin to add to HikaShop / HikaMarket but so far, you're the first one talking about that so it's not a priority to work on that for us for now. I would rather recommend to have that capability developed as a custom job.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ronron

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311945

Hi
This is the closest thread I can find to what we need. We sell online training and bespoke training. Online training works fine with Hikashop as that has fixed prices and discounts. However, when we list bespoke training, we have to choose "Free and "No Stock" in Hikashop and tell our customers to email us for a quotation, which is not satisfactory.

Is there a way (as a minimum) of replacing the "Free" and "No Stock" with a button that allows them to email us with their contact details? We can then get back to them and sort out a quote.

Even better would be the same facility plus a form for them to fill in with their requirements.

Hope you can help!
Cheers
Mike

4 years 6 months ago #311957

Hi,

To remove the "free" and "no stock" texts on the product page, you can use a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
And then, to add instead a contact button for the quote, you can set the "Display a contact button on the product page" setting to "on a per product basis" in the HikaShop configuration and then activate that same setting in the products for which you want the contact button.
You can use another translation override to change the text of the button to something like "request a quote" for example.
And regarding the contact form that you get once you click on the button, you can create additional fields via the menu Display>Custom fields, by creating new custom fields of the table "contact".

The following user(s) said Thank You: SAFEcic

3 years 11 months ago #318741

Hi,
i stick to this tread to ask you if
1) it is possible to show the contact button, in the product view, only to a group of users (similar as you do with the price). Any changes to make and in which file?

2) it si possible to insert the login button inside the form? (which file should I edit?)

Thanks

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ducetti.

3 years 11 months ago #318746

Hi,

1. That would indeed require custom coding.
Supposing that we're talking about the product details page and that you're using the default layout, you would want to add such code
:

$my = JFactory::getUser();
jimport('joomla.access.access');
$userGroups = JAccess::getGroupsByUser($my->id);
$contact = false;
if(in_array(XX, $userGroups))
 $contact = true;
after the code:
$contact = (int)$this->config->get('product_contact', 0);
in the file product / show_default.php via the menu Display>Views.
This will display the contact button only to the users in the user group with the id XX.

2. I don't understand what login button you're talking about ? You mean you want to display a link to the login form instead of the contact button when the user is not logged in ?

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by nicolas.

3 years 11 months ago #318799

nicolas wrote: Hi,

1. That would indeed require custom coding.
Supposing that we're talking about the product details page and that you're using the default layout, you would want to add such code
:

$my = JFactory::getUser();
jimport('joomla.access.access');
$userGroups = JAccess::getGroupsByUser($my->id);
$contact = false;
if(in_array(XX, $userGroups))
 $contact = true;
after the code:
$contact = (int)$this->config->get('product_contact', 0);
in the file product / show_default.php via the menu Display>Views.
This will display the contact button only to the users in the user group with the id XX.

Thanks a lot it works fine.

nicolas wrote: 2. I don't understand what login button you're talking about ? You mean you want to display a link to the login form instead of the contact button when the user is not logged in ?

No, I meant to insert the login button inside the form, after clicking on the contact button. It was an alternative to point 1.
Thanks again.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ducetti.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds