• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
8 years 3 months ago #224362

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.portal-gestao.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.6
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Not an error

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a feature, since it doesn't seem to be available yet.
In addition to e-commerce, I'd like my shop to sell subscription-based products. Currently, I'm using Akeeba subscriptions which is great but not practical to use on the same site where hikashop is running.
Therefore, I'd like to suggest a new feature to allow users to buy access to a certain area of the site for a time period. It basically just has to add joomla users to a group for the period in question.

Is there any extension or plugin available for this?

Thanks a lot for your support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 3 months ago #224391

Hi,

You'll find many "stand-alone" membership/subscription extensions in the JED offering this functionality (like e.g. PayPlans ).

As mentioned here in the HikaShop documentation under -> Integrations -> Joomla components, there is Emerald which is integrated with HikaShop, allowing you to sell subscriptions as HikaShop products.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: nunonog

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 3 months ago #224400

Ok, thanks a lot, I'm having a look at those extensions now.
It seems Emerald is a whole separate component with a plugin to integrate with Hikashop.
I'd prefer a Hikashop-developed plugin to allow for subscriptions, but apparently it doesn't exist.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 3 months ago #224369

Hi,

Have you seen our integration with Akeeba Subscription ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...a-subscriptions.html

To buy access to a certain area, it is possible thanks to the option "User group after purchase" in the product edition page.
This way once the product is bought, the customer is moved to another user group and thanks to the ACLs he can reach a restricted area of the website. The only missing thing is to remove the group to this user after a time period, this will require the development of a custom plugin.

Here is the developer documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 3 months ago #224402

Hi,

Yes, it doesn't exist yet developed by ourselves. We actually want to build one next year.

The following user(s) said Thank You: iggyjk

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 3 months ago #224474

Hi,

I'm reluctant to use Akeeba subscriptions on the same site since it is no longer supported by Akeeba team (unfortunately).

Yes, it is all about ACL. In order to implement subscritptions with Hikashop, it would be necessary:
1-Provide access to one or multiple user groups after confirmation of order
2-Remove access to those usergroups after a specific time period (should be possible to edit for each product what that time period is)
3-Notifications: inform user that his subscription started/is about to end/ended.

I'm sure other Hikashop users would be greatly appreciated with this added functionality so I hope it'll be available soon.
Best,

8 years 2 months ago #226307

Hi, im trying to understand what software i need to make a subscription site work with Hika, can i use payplan and the ACL suppprt they have to get i to work or do i have to use Emerald ( dont like there UI )
Al i want to do is to have ex 3 different types of subs and when the time runs out the user will be demoted to a normal visitor.
And if payplan works so should any sub software with ACL support??

And if i get this right the Emerald uses my ordinary pay modules and payplan has it own outside of Hika? witch is i huge plus for Emerald...

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 2 months ago #226327

@dennisg:

You got it right:
Re. Emerald see also www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...payments.html#225773
With PayPlans you have a separate subscription extension, indeed, no integration with HikaShop.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

8 years 2 months ago #226331

Hi,

HikaShop can already add user groups to customers automatically.
What it can't do is remove the user groups for customers after a certain period (when the subscription expires).
Even if PayPlan support ACLs, if HikaShop doesn't tell it that a new subscription has to be added for the customer, it won't be able to do anything.
So no, that won't help.
You really need a subscriptions extension which has an integration with HikaShop like Emerald or Akeeba Subscriptions.

8 years 2 months ago #226488

Thank you Nicolas, i will have a look at Akeeba aswell.

• Thank you received: 35
7 years 11 months ago #236230

Hi guys,
@ dennisg, Do you hav any news about your experience ?!?

@ Xavier, Is there any development plan on "User group after purchase" ?!?

@ Nicolas, So, What do you suggest to use till a "HikaSubriptions" will be ready ? ... Here you speak about Emerald plugin integrations, I don't know it, Can it works like the "second Akeeba Subscriptions plugin" ?!?

Many thanks for help

7 years 11 months ago #236236

Hi,

There is no development plan for the user group after purchase.

In the mean time, you can use Akeeba Subscriptions or Emerald. I don't know how the Emerald integration works precisely as it's Emerald themselves who developed it. So the best would be to contact them, but I think their integration works like the first plugin for Akeeba Subscriptions.

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 10 months ago #239069

Nicolas (and everyone),

It would be really helpful to have SOMEONE create a very basic subscription system that works just with HS. It just has to remove a user from the ACL group x days after it starts.
The core of Akeeba Subs does that, but now, not only is Akeeba Subs no supported, Nicolas isn't even distributing an installable package - you have to have a developer set-up (and a decent amount of knowlege) just to get anything new to even install. This just isn't practical for many people (probably the vast majority of HS users). (And older versions of AkeebaSubs have issues on J3.5.1.)

Emerald is also a bit overkill and now they are working on adding front-end multi-user subscription creation - so now it will have even more stuff that many of us don't need.

Again, many users just need a VERY BASIC subscription option to sell access (user group ACL) through HS.

If you're not planning to get to this anytime soon would SOMEONE please develop a plugin or stand-alone component that will work with HS to provide basic subscription abilities? PLEASE!!!

• Thank you received: 94
7 years 10 months ago #239074

We've had a few clients ask about this over the years, and what sounds simple at first often becomes very challenging once you dig into the full requirements.

The problem is that most people who sell subscriptions want things like advance renewal email notifications, automatic billing for renewals (or monthly billing), the ability to configure the subscription periods in multiple ways, etc. - and those types of features don't play nicely with shopping carts, which are built around the unique event of an order.

Integrating a solid subscription component like PayPlans with HikaShop seems the best way to go, in my opinion.

While there is obviously some demand for this feature, there isn't a HUGE demand. And so far no client of ours has chosen to move forward with paying to build out a full subscription addon for HikaShop. They've all decided to have the subscription component of their choice handle subscriptions through a separate payment page, and kept HikaShop focused on selling products.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

7 years 10 months ago #239110

Hi,

As PolishedGeek said, removing the user group from the customer after X days is just the tip of the iceberg. Because when you do that, you need to have an email to notify the user, so that he can renew. And maybe you want a second email X days before that, maybe another one X days after that. I'm not even talking about recurring payments here. And the more you add things the more people want things, so you need to plan for that. So if we started such thing, it would be a big project like HikaAuction for us, but as PolishedGeek said, there are already extensions to handle that, so the necessity of such extension to be done by us is quite limited.

If you need your own plugin to only remove users groups from users after X days, you can develop such plugin with the onHikaCronTrigger function, a custom product field (to store the delay of the subscription in the product), a MySQL query to load the users requiring such user group removal based on their order date and the products in it and their custom field delay value and then a few lines of code based on the user group after purchase plugin. It can be done easily by any third party developer.
If I'm correct, you're also a developer cpaschen so you should be able to do that yourself if you need it.

• Hikashop Essential
7 years 10 months ago #239153

Come on, Nicholas..... listen to your customers!

It's not so complicated to build a notification/user management plugin. Even I've built my own amateurish one...

With a free component like Akeeba Subscriptions you can do everything you do with Hikashop (or almost everything).

This feature would set you apart, look at it as an opportunity!

7 years 10 months ago #239162

I know that people will always want more. For that you can easily refer them to PayPlans (which I already use with some clients that need those features - although I wish there were a simple integration with HS also).

The thing that is not available in the market now is the VERY basic - add to a user group (which HS does) and then remove from the user group after x days. You don't need to worry about notifying the users because you can do that with Acymailing (and possibly with other mailers). And for several enterprise markets (some of which my clients are in) they don't (or can't) use auto bill.

Akeeba Subs allowed us (and ohers) to do just that. Even as features were recently stripped down, it actually got better for this purpose. However, with the recent changes it makes it impractical to use for many.

Nicolas - what you are explaining is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Thanks for those tips. If I can get something working I'll share it. (if anyone is interested in helping with testing something like this reply here. (I'll try to set-up a github account so others could contribute.

7 years 10 months ago #239164

Nicolas,

Can you point me to any documentation on the "onHikaCronTrigger".

I tried using the search field on the documentation page and either it's not working or it's just not finding anything for that title.

Can this provide a way to 'trigger' (i.e. run) some PHP code upon purchase of a specific project in HS?
If not, is there something that does?
(i.e. when a user purchases product code "ZZZZZ" it triggers running some PHP script).

7 years 10 months ago #239168

Hi,

You can find it here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...nHikashopCronTrigger
Sorry for the name, the exact one is onHikashopCronTrigger

If you want to trigger some PHP code upon purchase, it's better to use the onAfterOrderUpdate trigger.

• Thank you received: 35
7 years 10 months ago #239364

nicolas wrote: Hi, Yes, it doesn't exist yet developed by ourselves. We actually want to build one next year.

Hi guys, in special @Xavier, @nicolas, @cpaschen, @nunonog

I want to start from this point: Hika Team is looking into have a Subscription feature / component. So, sure, something will come in the future (subscription feature is really a need for an e-commerce component).
What we think is that the Subscrition features have to be part of an e-commerce, an e-commerce feature, don't need to duplicate for ex. the payment plugins etc.

This is why waiting the Hika Team solution, two years ago, we developed the second Akeeba Subscriptions plugin that give you also a way to have:
a - "Products" (HikaShop) and "Subscriptions" (Akeeba Subscriptions) will be shown through the same layout, through HikaShop, all like "HikaShop products";
b - Customers will have just one user profile, the HikaShop user customer profile (addresses etc.);
c - All "Products" and "Subscriptions" will be collected into the HikaShop "Orders" and "Statistics"
d - Manage Affliates through HikaShop Affliate program.

So, we used this plugin with satisfaction. Now, we are not developers and the plugin need some corrections (really few), tests with PHP 7 and in special tests with last Akeeba Subscription. So, we have two questions:
1 - Do anyone can help us on having an Akeeba Subscription installable ZIP packages ?
2 - Do anyone can help us on making the corrections / upgrade to our second Akeeba Subscriptions plugin ?

Many Thanks to all for help on having a free, valid, full integrated HikaShop Subscription feature... waiting the Hika Team solution :)

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by joomleb.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds