need support on importing data into hikashop database

• Thank you received: 0
7 months 1 day ago #355470

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8

I am new to the application. I need a sample text file for importing products with descriptions, product variations, and images. I also would like to know the various fields in the database and their role. For instance, I don't know what is the meaning of the field product_group_after_purchase. Where can i get comprehensive information about setting up a new shop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 months 21 hours ago #355481

Hi,

The documentation for the product edit page is available here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...op-product-form.html
You should find it if you click on the "help" button while editing a product.

I would recommend you create one or two products like you want.
Then, you can use the "export" button of the products listing in order to get a CSV file of the data of the products you already have.
That CSV file can be used on the import page in Products>Import.
Also, you have the import documentation here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/73-hikashop-import.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: peterjx

6 months 4 weeks ago #355542

That was a quick reply. Thank you.
After I added a few products, the same are displayed on the browser. I find that the word "FREE' is appended to the price. I don't know how to avoid it. Secondly, the price is shown as 5 000, 00 INR. Instead, I would like it to show the price as as Rs. 5,000.00.

As I feel that I would be encountering many such difficulties in the initial setup process, I would like to know if there is any resource to address the most common needs of a new bee.

• Thank you received: 612
6 months 3 weeks ago #355549

Hello,

1. the "Free" is display if your product have no price associated with your product, can you check this?
2. In order to have your currency before the price, you should edit your currency via the menu System => Currency. There, you will find an option to switch the price and the symbol: Documentation

Note that you will find our Documentation to help you to better manage HikaShop settings.
Plus, in each HikaShop setting page you will find some some relative settings documentation in the Help button.
Another way to have lots of tips and method is to use the search process in our forum.
Especially if your needs is quite classic, there is a good chance that we have already responded and therefore provided material to meet your expectations.

Regards

Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterjx

6 months 3 weeks ago #355554

The product display shows MRP as the common price and Price as Our Price. Is there a way to change the text values in the module? I want to show them as The Old Price and The New Price.

• Thank you received: 13071
6 months 3 weeks ago #355555

Hi,

Yes. You can use translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds