Custom Field price

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 10 months ago #293712

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi,

I'm planning to buy this plugin "Custom Field price", just wanted to confirm that this is the plugin that I need.
Here's what I want to accomplish, Combo box, each option has its own price, this price will be added to the Product based price.
Let's say, Option1, Option2 with a price of 10 and 20 respectively, and the based price of Product A is 100.
When I choose Option 1, total price should be 110. is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 10 months ago #293713

Hi,

You don't need any plugin for that.
You can directly use the options feature of HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options
That feature is meant to do what you're describing.
While the plugin you're talking about can potentially do the same, it requires the use of custom fields of the table "item" and thus HikaShop Business. The options feature only requires HikaShop Essential and no additional plugin.

5 years 10 months ago #293768

Hi,
Yes, I am aware of that, but it will take us time to add characteristics we do have 1300 products then each product has 4 fields with at least 8 options with different prices, and also what Variants are doing is that we will manually set the Price (sum up) based on the combination of characteristics options. That's not what we need, we need a Options with based price and add to product price once selected.

I don't mind using custom fields (item) as long as each field options should have corresponding prices which should be added to the Product price automatically once the option is selected.

Thanks

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Yumul.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 10 months ago #293789

Hello,

If you're talking about that plugin :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/202...rice-by-obsidev.html
There is a mention that you should be aware of :

The "Custom Field price" plugin allows you to configure different fees depending the order custom field values.

That plugin, in its current version, is just working with order custom fields ; not item custom fields.

It would be possible to improve the plugin to also support item custom fields but the algorithm would be a lot different since the current version is adding extra lines in the cart details.
For what I understand of your requirement, you want to add an extra price to the item directly.
Now it could be possible to use the dynamic price system of HikaShop but you would not have the details about the product price and the "options" prices ; just the total of the product with its "options".

While the "custom field price" is just working with order custom fields, there is another plugin which do use item fields :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/146...rice-word-count.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 10 months ago #293860

Hi, Thanks for the help!

Ill try the ShopCustom Price Word Count then be back you. Appreciate your help. Thanks

Regards,

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Yumul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 1 month ago #315907

Hi,

For anyone reading this thread, the custom field price plugin now supports custom item fields too.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds